Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 51 of 74 (184 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

After being told how great this phone was and how happy i would be by the optus salesman, I am truely disappointed.  Nothing ever goes right, trying to receive a call is like being in hell.  Trying to get rid of the force close is a joke, i have to press it 3-4 times b4 i can answer the call and by that time im lucky if they r still there.  And now i cant even use the quick msg button as it comes up with- "process com.motorola.blur.messaging.quickmessage'.  So u could say im not happy!!!!!

What's DOS?
Message 52 of 74 (184 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

"After being told how great this phone was and how happy i would be by  the optus salesman, I am truely disappointed.  Nothing ever goes right,  trying to receive a call is like being in hell.  Trying to get rid of  the force close is a joke,"

Did you read my other thread about all the problems I was having with this junk heap on Optus: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/31045?tstart=0  There is a solution (I posted in that thread).   You need to get the phone wiped and start from a brand new blur account.   Did you setup your motoblur account online, or via the phone interface?   I set (both) of my accounts up online, and had problems with both, but once Moto support wiped my account completely, and I set it up via the phone, all the forced closes have gone finally.   Shame there is still some bits of lameness with the phone, and bugs, but more "normal" (haha) bugs that most Cliq/DEXT people have.

Regards

Tony

What's DOS?
Message 53 of 74 (184 Views)

hello

im an optus business customer Australia and have 3 android phones 2 dext and one back flip

each time i enter my facebook details to set up the account the forced closes appear on the dext and the txt dont work and the incoming messages dont work so it renders the phone useless. they all run the firmware 1.5 and interestingly the back flip has no issues with the facebook accounts and functions normally.

The way round this is to use the android facebook app and dont use the preinstalled facebook application.The app facebook is probably better anyhow but it doesnt import contact photos etc so im disapointed that the dext phone doesnt function as it should. Im hoping that the upgrade will fix the issue.if anyone has solved this issue please send me the details.

thanks john

What's DOS?
Message 54 of 74 (184 Views)

Look for the thread with Optus in the title not far below this thread.... edit: here https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/31045?tstart=0

Business phone... I would hardly put this into that boat.  My old NokiaN95 was a better choice as it's battery is likely to last more than the 12hrs only I get with the DEXT, the alarm works when the phone is switched off, the gps works for navigation, the phone can synch direct to pc over usb or bluetooth (inc contacts, calendar etc with outlook), I think the dext is a bit of a joke in the business environ.   Of course the Blackberry is really tailored for the business side.. I think android is really an iphone wanna-be and based on my experience with this dext, and I fear a little we are putting too much faith in Moto and Google to "keep our data in the cloud for us" (not to mention the exorbitant costs most carriers charge for roaming, Optus is $20 per megabyte!), am bitterly dissapointed.

edit:  Look, don't get me wrong, I bought this phone for the keyboard, and the keyboard would have to be nearly the nicest out there, it is just nearly everything else about the phone is lousy, poorly implemented, frustrating at times (e.g we are the arse end of an American company's upgrade/support cycle for example, at least with Nokia most of the world got updates in a timely manner)

Regards

Connected by buggy Optus DEXT 1.2.7MOTOBLUR™

Message was edited by: tonymobile01

What's DOS?
Message 55 of 74 (184 Views)

Please help .. MY Cliq says radio not available??? I've tried everything, even my cell company can't help me

What's DOS?
Message 56 of 74 (184 Views)

Hello. I noticed that I cannot suscribe anymore to feeds and my news widget does not update anymore. I've tried to power off and on the phone yet the problem pesist. Could you please raise me a ticket?

Regards

femolystic.

What's DOS?
Message 57 of 74 (184 Views)

For several days, now, my Happenings do not update in anything close to realtime.

I've rebooted, forced closures, switched airplane mode on and off and nothing pulls them down from the server.

Every now and then I will get all of the new ones in bulk.

The Happenings system really needs some form of 'refresh' option, because otherwise MotoBlur is pointless on my phone. Is the issue and ongoing and general one, or is it just my handset?

What's DOS?
Message 58 of 74 (184 Views)

Hi

If you have blur- version 1.2.7.mb200 then i am not suprised at what your reporting

try this till an upgrade happens or someone finds a solution. Remove facebook account

download facebook widget from apps and apply it --restart phone. My phone works normally after this

but doesnt sync any of the contacts with facebook.

i still beleive that its the facebook pre-installed firmware that is causing this version to crash -not to send txts

and not update happenings nor download mail.

regards

John

What's DOS?
Message 59 of 74 (184 Views)

johnhhokin escribió:

Hi

If you have blur- version 1.2.7.mb200 then i am not suprised at what your reporting

try this till an upgrade happens or someone finds a solution. Remove facebook account

download facebook widget from apps and apply it --restart phone. My phone works normally after this

but doesnt sync any of the contacts with facebook.

i still beleive that its the facebook pre-installed firmware that is causing this version to crash -not to send txts

and not update happenings nor download mail.

regards

John

The only problem with this solution is that if he havent downloaded Facebook App from market before yesterday, he will not be able to find it in the market anymore, the facebook app has been updated and now its not available in Android 1.5.

What's DOS?
Message 60 of 74 (184 Views)

Hi

I was not aware of that, just checked and the app doesnot appear any more. Previously I signed into my facebook and sent the link from there by txt to the phone maybe you can select the versions as well ?

John