Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 5 (182 Views)

DEXT WIFI PROBLEM - on home network does not work, when roaming works??

I have problem with wifi. I have searched all google and no answer anywhere.

I have Motorola DEXT Motoblur ORANGE and yes it is unlocked...

When on home network wifi turns on but no signal. YES i have router ON, also I have tried all over the city to get free wifi or any wifi signal at all and nothing.

When on roaming when I travel it works perfect. Signal, multiple networks, internet works great... When I come back to my home network same story again...

Now is there any update that could repair this problem?

Blur 1.3.39.MB200.Orange.en.GB

MB200

Hardware SJUG5731AA

Firmware 1.5

Baseband  76XXC-6380525-SDCBALUM

Kernel 2.6.27

Build nr R6380CP1_035.14

All software is original and no modifications at all have been done to phone.

If anybody has update or any info that would help me solve this problem please reply.  I would like to use phone normally with wifi. As a normal phone should work...

Thanks

Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 5 (182 Views)

Re: DEXT WIFI PROBLEM - on home network does not work, when roaming works??

It's going to be difficult without knowing more about what's going on with your WiFi at home.  I recommend you download "WiFi Analyzer" from the Market for free and use it to examine your WiFi signal as well as the operating parameters.    --- Dan

What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5 (182 Views)

Thanks for reply. I have allready installed  OpenSignal, WiFinder and WiFI Analyzer.

I have 2 notebooks connected at home so router works. Problem is that nowhere on home GSM network I cant get wifi signal. Wifi Analyzer screen is blank.  As soon as I start roaming in next country everything works 100%. WiFi Analyzer shows multiple networks, locked and unlocked and I connect easy and internet works perfectly.

This is really strange problem I know and it is hard to immagine but as stupid as it sounds it is a problem.

I was searching on google and some are describing same problem but no answer or fix to this...

Thanks

Moto Emeritus
Message 4 of 5 (182 Views)

biosonce wrote:

Thanks for reply. I have allready installed  OpenSignal, WiFinder and WiFI Analyzer.

I have 2 notebooks connected at home so router works. Problem is that nowhere on home GSM network I cant get wifi signal. Wifi Analyzer screen is blank.  As soon as I start roaming in next country everything works 100%. WiFi Analyzer shows multiple networks, locked and unlocked and I connect easy and internet works perfectly.

This is really strange problem I know and it is hard to immagine but as stupid as it sounds it is a problem.

I was searching on google and some are describing same problem but no answer or fix to this...

Thanks

You're very welcome.  I have not heard of this problem and don't have a suggestion for a fix at this time, I'll do some research and see what I can come up with.   Thank you for posting and your patience.    --- Dan

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5 (182 Views)

Hello

Did you by any chance find a fix to this?

Thanks