Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 11 of 21 (193 Views)

Re: Emails stuck in Outbox

i did post up saying that i had fixed the problem by deleting the accounts and re-entering them but the forum stuffed up and didn't post it.

What's DOS?
Message 12 of 21 (193 Views)

It may be a solution for some were all mails get stuck there, but for me it is intermittent.  It could easily be when, say the service providers email server is out for a few mins with maintenance or whatever. The fact that this poorly implemented blur heap doesn't have a resend option should not be overlooked.  There are too many things wrong with this phone and not enough right.  Don't worry Moto, I won't complain about any of your newer models as rest assured, I will never buy another Motorola phone again.  People might say they dumped early adopters on the the Cliq forums, but here the phone isn't that old, so to ditch the eclair upgrade for dext owners really is the last straw.

What's DOS?
Message 13 of 21 (193 Views)

well it was working on saturday and now it's not working again. this time even gmail has stopped working. i just deleted all accounts and added them again and it's still not working.

i think it's time to take a road trip to motorola's head office and sit around waiting for the big boss man to show up and then shove this phone up his arse. then i'll find my old nokia 5110 to use as it was more reliable and had more working functions than this hunk of donkey crap.

mods feel free to edit out any swearing, but the fact is that if your company made a phone that worked and then didn't ditch any upgrades to a phone that in my country has only been on the market a few months, then i wouldn't be so angry (and i actually drastically censored what i was going to write myself)

i should add that i found that i can send emails from apps like maildroid or k9 mail. neither use the standard email client system. they aren't quite as nice looking, so i will continue to use the stock email inbox for reading, but will simply send emails from the other app, until i get a new phone.

What's DOS?
Message 14 of 21 (193 Views)

Noticed on whirlpool the past few days that all google related things are mucking up on Optus at the moment, even samsung galaxy S is having market and gtalk probs and optus are starting to agree there is a prob.  I can't get the maps to work when out, was maube wednesday last week and works fine on wifi.  Yes, the phone is junk, but optus are partly to blame for the gmail/google related probs at the moment. regards

What's DOS?
Message 15 of 21 (193 Views)

p.s. I am still getting the odd one or two POP account emails stuck in the outbox.   Once they are there, you can't do jack with them on the phone, as even when you delete (so you can actually read them), if you reply or forward, the DUMB email engine on this phone won't let you edit the reply/forwarded section of the email (so you can't effectively copy/paste it into a new email from the handset).

Regards

What's DOS?
Message 16 of 21 (193 Views)

tony i've been using the K9 mail app for when i want to send emails and haven't had any issues yet. i still use the standard inbox because it is quick and easy, but whenever i want to send an email i just go straight to K9 and don't even bother using the standard one.

What's DOS?
Message 17 of 21 (193 Views)

I've got 2 emails on different accounts stuck in the Outbox. If I try and delete them it says "Cannot delete, resending instead" and then nothing happens, so seems like they're stuck there forever!

What's DOS?
Message 18 of 21 (193 Views)

well now my dext won't send emails from either the standard email app or the k9 mail app. i have delete the accounts and reinstalled them and still no good. the only emails i can send are from my gmail account (which i don't really use). this is a major pain if i want to reply to an email i was sent

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 19 of 21 (193 Views)

@mad082,

Sorry to hear that your K9 is now not working. However, this seems then to be the issue on the email provider side. Which email are you trying to use?

What's DOS?
Message 20 of 21 (193 Views)

I have the same problem. I just went to my outboxes this morning, and on 4 different email addresses, I had emails that I thought had been sent a few weeks ago. There was no orange box or any sort of message telling me that I had not sent the messages and that they will be placed in my Outbox. I am so pissed because I have emailed several clients in response to questions and they never received my response. NOT COOL, Motorola. I am using the Atrix. I am in the US, but this thread was the first one I found on the subject. I am considering going back to my piece of s**t iPhone, because it made me want to destroy it a little less than I want to destroy my Atrix.