Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mghaly
What's DOS?
Views: 10,754
Message 1 of 14

Bluetooth Problem - Driver for BT peripheral device not found - Win7

Hi so Im having a problem connecting my droid 2 global 2 my windows 7 pc over bluetooth, after i paried the device, windows began installing the drivers on my computer, 2 of which installed successfully, the final one - Bluetooth Peripheral Device - did not. I've been unable to use send files either way. Is there anyway i could download the driver and install it? Or something else I should do to resolve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 10,746
Message 2 of 14

Re: Bluetooth Problem - Driver for BT peripheral device not found - Win7

mghaly wrote:

Hi so Im having a problem connecting my droid 2 global 2 my windows 7 pc over bluetooth, after i paried the device, windows began installing the drivers on my computer, 2 of which installed successfully, the final one - Bluetooth Peripheral Device - did not. I've been unable to use send files either way. Is there anyway i could download the driver and install it? Or something else I should do to resolve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, you might want to go to this URL and download the Widcomm bluetooth driver, when finished, reboot your desktop/laptop and then try repairing your D2G to your computer.   --- Dan

mghaly
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for your help, im not sure if its going to work though... Im not sure the brand of usb dongle im using, but i dont think its broadcomm, would it need to be for this to work?... thus far trying to install the file, it doesn't seem to be detecting my bluetooth device

mghaly
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 14

I dont know if this helps, but in the settings it says the manufacturer is CSR plc

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 14

mghaly wrote:

Thanks for your help, im not sure if its going to work though... Im not sure the brand of usb dongle im using, but i dont think its broadcomm, would it need to be for this to work?... thus far trying to install the file, it doesn't seem to be detecting my bluetooth device

This link may help with your confusion regarding the Bluetooth driver, it's from Microsoft's own Windows 7 support site and has the Widcomm download description available. 

This link takes you to the Motorola support website and download for USB drivers for your Motorola cell phone.  The driver is 4.9.0 with Motohelper.     --- Dan

mghaly
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 14

Im still somewhat confused... I'm not having an issue with my usb driver, when i connect my phone via usb it works fine.. would installing those drivers have any possible impact on my bluetooth issue?

I downloaded the file from the link you gave me in your previous post, but when i attempted to install it, it couldnt detect my bluetooth device, is there something im doing wrong... i dont think the issue is with my dongle, because my phone discovered my computer and paired with it, but for some reason it says paired but not connected. Again, any advice is greatly appreciated.

mghaly
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 14

More information: when i trouble shoot the problem in windows 7 it says the driver for the bluetooth peripheral device is not installed, when i click "apply this fix" it doesnt work, and then it says "bluetooth peripheral device does not have a driver" however there are 2 other drivers that do install properly... i just want to be able to send files using bluetooth from my phone to my pc and vice versa

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 14

mghaly wrote:

Im still somewhat confused... I'm not having an issue with my usb driver, when i connect my phone via usb it works fine.. would installing those drivers have any possible impact on my bluetooth issue?

I downloaded the file from the link you gave me in your previous post, but when i attempted to install it, it couldnt detect my bluetooth device, is there something im doing wrong... i dont think the issue is with my dongle, because my phone discovered my computer and paired with it, but for some reason it says paired but not connected. Again, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello.  The USB driver from Motorola not only gives you the most recent USB drivers, but also will periodically check to ensure your drivers are up to date for USB.  Windows 7 has been really reliable driver-wise for me.  If you have not already, delete your pairing, power down your computer, unplug it from the power source (yes, unplug), leave it unplugged for about one minute, plug the power back in, turn the computer on, and then try pairing and connecting your Bluetooth again.   --- Dan

mghaly
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 14

I just followed all your instructions... same issue... any other ideas?

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 10 of 14

mghaly wrote:

I just followed all your instructions... same issue... any other ideas?

Hello, thank you for working with me on this problem, at the moment I am at a loss, but I feel it's something simple that I am overlooking and will continue to troubleshoot this, I will return to this thread when I can stand back, take a broader look and see what I am missing.    --- Dan