Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 Global by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-14-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 6

Cannot disable vibrate

2011-03-14, 17:38 PM

I was just on the phone with Motorola Tech support trying to figure out how to disable all vibrations on my new DROID 2.

I was advised that contrary to the instructions that seem to imply this can be done by turning off haptic feedback, the vibration from touching the the 4 soft keys and the main screen lock and sound sliders cannot be disabled. For a phone that is terrible with regards to battery life, I find it amazing that these vibrations cannot be turned off.

Am I the only user annoyed by this or is there in fact a way to disable ALL vibrations on the DROID 2?

Thanks,

Donald

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot disable vibrate

2011-03-14, 19:11 PM

Others have complained about haptic feedback.  Unless someone has discovered a trick, I know of no way to positively turn it off completely.  I doubt that haptic feedback alone would seriously impact power consumption, though.  I know of several D2 and D2G users who go all day without recharging. - MarkC

Options

1352 Posts

11-23-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 6

2011-03-16, 14:17 PM

I am with Marc on this one.  I don't know of a way to get the touch icons on the bottom of the phone to not vibrate.  I go all day using haptic feedback and it doesn't effect battery life.  The battery life is mainly dependant on how long the screen is on.  The screen of the phone uses the most battery life over everything else.

Options

4 Posts

03-14-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-03-16, 14:32 PM

That's good to know, but my my primary irritation is I simply don't like my phone vibrating everytime I touch it regardless of impact on battery. Hopefully, Motorola will give folks an option to turn it all off in a future software update.

Donald

Options

2 Posts

04-22-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2011-04-07, 12:01 PM

I just solved this on my Droid (original) and thought that I would pass it on. I had turned on Haptic Feedback to see what it would do. It was very, very annoying. I unchecked Haptic Feedback but it continued to vibrate over everything. From the Main screen, start Settings. Scroll down to the bottom and third from last is "Accessibility" Open that up and at the bottom is "Kickback" Uncheck "Kickback" -- problem solved.

Options

4 Posts

03-14-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2011-04-07, 12:40 PM

MDJ, I was very hopeful that you had indeed found a solution (tried it immediately upon receipt of your response) but unfortunately there apparently is a difference between the Droid and the Droid2G (which I have) as I do not get a "Kickback" option under "Accessibility" to check or uncheck - so issue remains. Appreciate the response nonetheless. Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms