cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ejaymd11
What's DOS?
Views: 2,119
Message 21 of 25

Re: Conference Calls Woes: Can't merge calls when you receive another call or manage conference calls

I have never seen any phone verizon or not, stock android or not that can merge 2 incoming calls.  To start a 3 way convo you have to start the third call on your own.

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 25

Re: Conference Calls Woes: Can't merge calls when you receive another call or manage conference calls

I agree and tried it with my blackberry as well. Someone told me it's a limitation. So issue one is knocked out..

How about issue two and three? Can't end a specific call..and if caller 2 hangs up the phone still shows on display " In call" instead of showing caller 1 ..

ellinj
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 25

Interestingly enough Apple just posted to their support site a document outlining the feature difference between the GSM iphone and the CDMA iphone.

The CDMA iphone can only have two simultaneous calls while the GSM version can have five.

I think the OPs complaint is  a system limitation rather then a failing of the Droid.  I bet if you take the phone overseas some of the call features he is looking for may become available.

eldeebvirus
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 25

Hi Every one,

I'm new to this Moto Forums. This is probably my first post or reply.

Regarding the issues raised by ram130 and the reply of Matt (Forums Manager) to Merging calls. I hate to disappoint you Matt but, Most of the "cell phones" i used were capable of merging calls with no problem. When i switched providers  i choose VZW and the Motorola Razor Maxx with just few days out. I did get one i liked it, I lost it so, I had to get a replacement  in August 2012. In October It downloaded a software update and it asked to install till that day when i decided to install the update i could Merge calls. Me and my 2 brothers use to pick a certain time to discuss our business and both of them use to call simultaneously. I use to answer my older brother first then when the younger calls i just chose to merge his call in.

I really don't know what is the problem but, it seems we are not the only ones aware of this issue. I been reading a lot about this problem. People saying it all happened after an update. It's not related to providers like some people started to claim. It's a software Issue. I don't know if it is intentional or a mistake or a fluke?

Highlighted
manish00745
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 25

I am using Moto G 1st gen. and I am also facing the same issue , not able to conference the call or if someone is calling me., not able to pick up the call , Message getting - unable to switch call , same while conferencing the call