cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramon1
What's DOS?
Views: 25,360
Message 1 of 25

Conference Calls Woes: Can't merge calls when you receive another call or manage conference calls

I have 3 issues:

The first one I notice this today when I tried to merge two calls and one call me back. How to produce:

1. Call caller 1.

2. Wait for caller 2 to call.

3. Answer caller 2.

Your only options are end call and switch calls. To  do  a conference call you have to call caller 1 then caller two and merge. This goes right into my next issue.

You can't manage conference calls properly. If you want to end caller 1 and continue to talk to caller 2 you can't. You would have to end caller 2 (End Last Call)  or end the entire conference and call back caller 1.

Finally. After ending either caller 1 or caller 2, the call that remains says "In call" rather than the original caller 1 or caller 2 name and number.

This is software related and I hope motorola can fix this. I may need to post this in the DX forums as well.

Note: This does not  happen on stock Android.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 2 of 25

Re: Conference Calls Woes: Can't merge calls when you receive another call or manage conference calls

I've seen (some) of this reported for all of our phones. To the best of my knowledge, there are no phones capable of merging calls. I think you need a full PBX for that. Have you seen this on any phone? Droid 1 won't and that is "stock."

I agree that getting off one call and returning to another is not elegant. If you hang up one call and wait a moment, the call you want to return to will ring and you can resume that conversation.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 25

Re: Conference Calls Woes: Can't merge calls when you receive another call or manage conference calls

Thanks for the reply Matt. You are right on that one but on stock Android or Samsung or a HTC phone I didn't have the issue. If it can't be done then at least put back the stock way of managing conference calls( issue 2). it should not be that way Matt.

I just tested all these issues on a HTC MyTouch 3G Slide and it managed everything beautifully. I am able to Call caller 1, wait for caller 2, merge them both and even make a third call to caller 3 and merge it also. While having 3 callers in a conference I am able to select anyone and have a Private Talk while the other two callers talk as if we never left and I can put on hold anyone of the callers.. I am able to end a specific caller of my choosing and continue to talk to the other two callers. Finally when I end all two calls and just caller 1 remain, I am enable to see there number as if we never had a conference.

I believe these are basic functions that shouldn't be ignored and not hard to ask for. I tend to do business meetings on the phone and never had a issue until I got a Motorola phone. I really like the hardware quality but if this can not be fixed I fear I may never buy another one again. Do what you can to help get this better taken care of Matt. I have all confidence in you.

if you need a video of what I discuss above about the MyTouch 3G Slide then I will be happy to take one and compare them.

Thanks,

-Ramon

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 4 of 25

Does sound pretty robust. One question -- can you merge inbound calls? I know you can create a three-way call either starting with an inbound or outbound call, but can you merge two inbound calls?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 25

Actually I can't at all Matt. I just tried it and I can only switch between the calls. Also when I try to hang up the call (both incoming and one talking to), the first incoming call rings back. Really weird stuff if you ask me.

So to make it clearer:

I tried with this my wife and my Blackberry(which called first). I can only switch between the two. Once I select End Call, the first incoming call that had called me rings my phone back while to that person their phone remains on the call.

This really needs to get looks into.

-Ram

e-lu
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 25

I can confirm that you can create a three way call starting with one incoming call and by placing an outgoing call from your Droid 2, as Matt said.  However, I can also confirm that there does not seem to be a way to merge two incoming calls.  You can switch between calls, and even add a new outgoing call to one of the calls, but it doesn't look like you can marry all the calls together in one big party.

This is one of those problems that I probably never would have found out about on my own, but now that I know about it, it makes me sad.

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 25

yes exactly very said not to mention the fact that I can't add a forth caller either. I have to be using google voice for conference and having my callers call each other.

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 25

Well today I was on a call with caller 1..receive a call from caller 2 asking me about a event, so I decided to call caller 3. Found the name and hit dial..the phone showed on the display "In call" right after and switched over to CALLER 1? My only option here was to Merge Calls (which is bad since neither both caller 1 and caller 2 knew each other) or End Call..so I ended it and once I did that the phone started calling Caller 3..

I end everything and caller 2 call me back and I had to, embarrassingly explain my phone can't manage calls well and that I will get back to you with the info..

Very Embarrassing and Frustrating ..

This was on a DROID X..

Any progress on this Matt?? I can't manage how frustrating this must be for business owners of the Droid Pro.

Affects all Motorola DROID blur phones on Verizon..

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 25

ram130 wrote:

Affects all Motorola DROID blur phones on Verizon..

You appear to think this is exclusive to Blur Droid phones only, it also occurred on the original Droid, which was a Google Experience phone, as Matt has pointed out.  --- Dan

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 25

Trust me when I say this does not affect Stock Android or this would be a major issue over at the Android forums. Now with Stock Android I can easily, choose which call to end while in a conference, I can start a conference easily regardless if it's incoming or not, I do not see "switch calls" after caller 2 has hung up....and so on. I will test this on the Original Droid on Monday to see if your correct.

I'll take pictures if needed.