cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 3,501
Message 11 of 25

Re: Conference Calls Woes: Can't merge calls when you receive another call or manage conference calls

ram130 wrote:

Trust me when I say this does not affect Stock Android or this would be a major issue over at the Android forums. Now with Stock Android I can easily, choose which call to end while in a conference, I can start a conference easily regardless if it's incoming or not, I do not see "switch calls" after caller 2 has hung up....and so on. I will test this on the Original Droid on Monday to see if your correct.

I'll take pictures if needed.

If I am recalling correctly, and I believe I am, you may be surprised in your findings.   --- Dan

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 12 of 25

Re: Conference Calls Woes: Can't merge calls when you receive another call or manage conference calls

I have brought this up as something we should look more closely at. I don't -- and probably won't -- have anything to report on this.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 25

Thanks Matt. Do the best you can, I can only hope for the best.

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 25

Well I manage to take a picture of a major issue since no one believes me. I said I would check this on stock and to best of my knowledge THIS DOES NOT happen on stock Android. I just haven't got the chance(snow storm/christmas).

Anyway, this picture is of my call with my boss. After 1 hour I received another call and told them I was busy, then they hung up. Since I can't do it without ending the entire call. This is image that was displayed, well remained..THIS SHOULD NOT BE THIS WAY! It should display my original caller number again as if the second call never happen. Now I would pass on this issue but it could have cost me my job. I pressed the Switch Calls button to see if the other caller was still there and the phone ended the call two times...had to call back and apologize.

Please Motorola fix this.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8179/snap20101227142500.png

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 25

Any update on this matt?

markml0528
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 25

I am totally with you on this ram.  While I don't use conference calling for business purposes, I have used it a few times intentionally and a lot more times while I was on the phone and someone else called me.  And by intentionally I mean that I had a conference call with friends (don't ask why) about....6 times since I've gotten my D2 september 3rd.  As for when someone else called me while I was on the phone, many times, so many that I can't even count.  And my only annoyance with it is that it won't hang up the other line if that person hangs up, it'll still say "switch calls". 

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 25

Thanks for the support Mark.  I really hope they fix it soon because this is a nightmare for business folks who do conferencing calling. This happens on my DX as well. I hope it's not overlooked because I really love Motorola hardware and considering the Xoom tablet. I just want the best for them.

Ramon1
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 25

Anyone knows if the DROID Bionic or Atrix have this issue?

ellinj
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 25

I wonder if this is a CDMA limitation, anyone have a CDMA phone that can do this?  All the examples in this thread are GSM phones.

e-lu
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 25

ellinj wrote:

I wonder if this is a CDMA limitation, anyone have a CDMA phone that can do this?  All the examples in this thread are GSM phones.

Not sure I understand the question.  The Droid 2 Global is a Verizon Wireless phone.  Verizon Wireless's network is on the CDMA migration path...  this is a CDMA phone.  Now, it is actually a dual-mode phone, and can play GSM when in Global mode... but presumably all examples above have been when operating on Verizon Wireless's CDMA network.