Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 Global by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

09-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 6

Corporate Sync Notification With D2Global...

2011-03-28, 1:11 AM

It will be one year this coming August when I started with the X, right off the bat I had sync notification issues, 2 replacements later and 15 hours of phone time with Verizon and Motorola,,,no fix to the problem......The main issue is that it never notifies right when the email is sent!! No matter if it was data push or manually fetch schedule.

Maybe you think within a few minutes you would get notification?? NO!!!! I would have to go into the Corp Sync email account and refresh and THEN emails that were sent HOURS ago would FINALLY show up....

(breath) ....then in December I changed to the Global HOPING that my problem would go away..NOPE!! Motorola said there was still some bugs with it...So they recommended Improved Email,,which works great except for screwing up my syncd address book with MS Exhange..

Has there been ANY updates on this fix...Am I the only one.....

Now my company is slowly making the transition from the Blackberry Enterprise Server to the Droid X for email......THEY DONT WORK WELL WITH CORPORATE SYNC,,,so I have to load Improved Email on their phones, so they can get the correct immediate notification that works??

Any help here??

Options

15 Posts

09-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Corporate Sync Notification With D2Global...

2011-03-28, 1:11 AM

It will be one year this coming August when I started with the X, right off the bat I had sync notification issues, 2 replacements later and 15 hours of phone time with Verizon and Motorola,,,no fix to the problem......The main issue is that it never notifies right when the email is sent!! No matter if it was data push or manually fetch schedule.

Maybe you think within a few minutes you would get notification?? NO!!!! I would have to go into the Corp Sync email account and refresh and THEN emails that were sent HOURS ago would FINALLY show up....

(breath) ....then in December I changed to the Global HOPING that my problem would go away..NOPE!! Motorola said there was still some bugs with it...So they recommended Improved Email,,which works great except for screwing up my syncd address book with MS Exhange..

Has there been ANY updates on this fix...Am I the only one.....

Now my company is slowly making the transition from the Blackberry Enterprise Server to the Droid X for email......THEY DONT WORK WELL WITH CORPORATE SYNC,,,so I have to load Improved Email on their phones, so they can get the correct immediate notification that works??

Any help here??

Options

15 Posts

09-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2011-03-28, 1:47 AM

I originally did use the native sync..then I was led to use Touchdown....used Touchdown till my license expired and I was not going to pay for something that should work,,when Verizon advertises the X, D2G,,,phones as Business Ready!!!!???Nope.......also read this....

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/351213#351213

Now using Improved Email...Features are nice....I like how the app is laid out...I did not like the super small buttons of the Touchdown app..and the multiple address books to keep track of...

The problem with these 3rd party apps is that they screw up contacts/address books in the phone..For instance, when an email DOES come through on your droid with a phone number or the senders email address attached to it,,,when you go to save that contact info, the phone saves it to the PHONES contact address book....not the address book that syncs with the MS Exchange server..AND THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE THAT!!

So if you lose the content of the phone for some reason,,that particular info is NOT backed up on the server? Try it....have someone that you DONT have in your address book..email you, save his email address...Ill bet you, you wont see any of that info syncd on your Exchange server email app back at your office....

I would just like the native sync to work..that way everything stays in line with everything on the phone and work just like it all should.....

Options

17 Posts

02-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 6

2011-03-28, 15:24 PM

Two other 3rd party email apps to try are Moxier Mail and Road Sync. Out of the three I think Moxier Mail is the best. Hopefully the Gingerbread update for the phones will finally fix the included app (whenever that is released).

Options

170 Posts

05-10-2009

Canada

40 Signins

237 Page Views

• Views: 237
  • Message 5 of 6

2011-03-28, 17:30 PM

I ended up using Touchdown (since I had license from before from my Moto Milestone). But for notification to be reliable, you need to configure PUSH and POLL every 5 minutes. This combo has been solid for me for the past almost 3 months now. If psuh fails (which happens every now and then - the 5 minute poll 'wakes'  the connection and resumes it. So worst case you get notification delayed by 5 mins at most. Isn't hard on the battery either. I consistently get on average 12 hours of light to average use of my phone with standard battery. YMMV on battery life.

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 6

2011-03-28, 17:43 PM

I've used Touchdown for nearly a year and a half, first on my original Droid, then I moved the license to my Droid2 and have never had a problem or had to configure it in any unusual way.  It notifies correctly, doesn't interfere with my phone address book and I prefer separate e-mail boxes for my work e-mail.  It was well worth the money for me. - MarkC

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms