Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 Global by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-10-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 51 of 67

Re: D2G mp3 music skipping

2011-04-26, 13:57 PM

Ya this is getting pretty annoying, I like the phone a lot but I basically can't use it as an MP3 player at the gym because every song skips just enough where it's noticeable. I shouldn't have to pay for PowerAMP to solve this issue, it should be fixed with the stock player.

Options

6 Posts

04-20-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 52 of 67

2011-04-27, 20:39 PM

Update: Verizon is giving me hell for wanting to return my phone! I called tech support and the lady said that it's simply an application problem that has nothing to do with the phone (bullsh*t because the problem happens when I plug my earphones into the jack) AND that if I send it back, they'll charge me $300 if they find that it's just an application problem. I kept asserting that it is/was a firmware issue and that I had purchased it this way, only to have her tell me it's something I have to live with and that it's not Verizon's issue. UNBELIEVABLE!

THIS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! The phone was purchased this way, so it's a firmware problem! I'm going to the corporate store tomorrow to see what I can do. It really should not have to be this way.

Options

62 Posts

03-12-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 53 of 67

2011-05-19, 0:59 AM

I have this skipping or crackling mp3 music issues too. It happens in both WinAMP and the default Music app!

I don't have too much installed on my phone, and this happens with nothing else running. I also use a startup cleaner that prevents apps from launching and running in the background (just additional apps I have installed). This is NOT a task killer..just prevents startups. I use the built-in Task Manager list for that purpose. So...it really shouldn't be happening but it is. Just wanted to confirm what others are saying. I just noticed this at the gym as well cpraye603...man I hope they add an Equalizer to the default Music app someday as well.

Options

4 Posts

02-10-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 54 of 67

2011-05-19, 12:50 PM

I think it might have something to do with the actual headphone jack also. if you notice the jack lies right on that parting line between the back and front of the phone, maybe that's creating some connection issues or something?

Options

102 Posts

03-31-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 55 of 67

2011-05-19, 13:20 PM

I had the same issue with a set of head phones that were going.  Basically it started to crackle then eventually one of the sides stopped working.

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 56 of 67

2011-05-19, 16:23 PM

Just to clarify for those that experience anomolies when plugging or unplugging wired headsets while the music player is running.  This is NOT all that unusual.  Phones are designed to accommodate headsets that have microphones and buttons that enable call handling while listening.  If you unplug your headset while music is playing, you're making and breaking contacts that deal with more than just the earpieces and this can cause unexpected results as the phone guesses what to do with these mixed signals.  This is not a firmware problem and I doubt it can be solved with an update.  Also, over time, mechanical contacts in headset jacks (within the phones) are subject to wear, corrosion, and manufacturing tolerances and sometimes merely rotating the plug in the jack will cause momentary loss of connection and produce an anomoly.  I've experienced this with numerous phones by various manufacturers over the years and after considerable experimentation, I no longer use wired headsets for specifically these reasons. - MarkC

Options

4 Posts

02-10-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 57 of 67

2011-05-19, 16:51 PM

definitely agree that connections wear and the physical headphone jack can cause issues over time and if the head phones stop working correctly it's most likely the head phones broken. The head phone jack doesn't seem like it's the main problem with the skipping/popping that occurs while playing music with this phone, but it could be a factor. The skipping/popping occurs everytime I play music and seems to happen with lots of other people all the time as well. It happened when I used a headset with a mic built in as well and definitely is not a usual issue. Hopefully something can be done to fix it because it get's pretty annoying.

Options

62 Posts

03-12-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 58 of 67

2011-05-19, 17:11 PM

I've never had this type of skipping on another mp3 player or phone. These headphonse work fine on everything else, too.

Options

2011-05-20, 1:23 AM

Hey Essie,

Thanks for the reply....My problem has always been while using Motorola's MotoROKR S9-HD bluetooth headphones. Great headphones BTW....I am out run / walking my dog 5 out of 7 nites a week and the "skipping" occurs relatively often, but never under same situation...Same song, track, album, etc....I've gone so far as to move it to a different pocket on myself, putting the phone in a case and it still happens rather frequently. Even tried wired headphones a few times and it happenned with them as well.

Options

2011-05-20, 1:24 AM

I'm using Motorola's MotoROKR S9-HD  bluetooth headphones..I am out run / walking my  dog 5 out of 7 nites a week and the "skipping" occurs relatively often,  but never under same situation...Same song, track, album, etc....I've  gone so far as to move it to a different pocket on myself, putting the  phone in a case and it still happens rather frequently. Even tried the wired  headphones a few times and it happenned with them as well, but again, i'm primarily using bluetooth, wireless headphones....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms