Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 Global by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

32 Posts

06-03-2010

United States of America

163 Signins

2392 Page Views

• Views: 2392
  • Message 11 of 15

Re: Help! Google calendar isn't sync-able?!?!

2010-12-22, 1:41 AM

Of course, that's what's supposed to happen, and what DID happen, once I did a reset (described in the previous post).  Don't know why it failed the first time, wish it hadn't, or that there was a simpler way to get it to sync the calendar once the initial had failed.

Thanks for your comment.

Now if we could just get the battery to make it through a full day, my wife would be truly happy with it!

Options

93 Posts

12-22-2010

United States of America

89 Signins

1090 Page Views

• Views: 1090
  • Message 12 of 15

2010-12-22, 2:01 AM

I have always operated under the assumption that motorola battery life is really bad, but yeah it would be nice if the phone could at least last a whole day, I've managed to get it to last about 12 hours today (and counting, but it's on super battery saver mode at the moment and blinking red)

lonndoggie wrote:

Of course, that's what's supposed to happen, and what DID happen, once I did a reset (described in the previous post).  Don't know why it failed the first time, wish it hadn't, or that there was a simpler way to get it to sync the calendar once the initial had failed.

Thanks for your comment.

Now if we could just get the battery to make it through a full day, my wife would be truly happy with it!

Options

240 Posts

11-11-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 13 of 15

2011-01-01, 23:44 PM

My one goggle account calender is present but not the second accounts.  On the the old droid it had a check box, on the D2G there is no check box to add the second account to even be synced. (seems what the others here are saying)

Also on the main account (the one used to se up the phone), it allows me to sync the main calender, however, shouldn't it allow me to sync past events?  I have some that I tagged as repeating events that seem to be here.  But if I wanted to know what I did on a certain day last november, they are not on my phone however they are on google calender when I look them up on my pc???

Did I forget to click somethig on??

EDIT:

Ok I figured out the first part here:

Account 1 - the original account I used to set up the phone (personal account)

This account had contacts, email and a calender set up

Account 2 - account set up after I set my phone up (work account)

This account had contacts and email set up but not a calender in Google.

I also deleted this account from my phone and then reattached it after I set up a blank calender in Google (through PC)  When I re-attached this account it asked me if I wanted to sync calender, email and contacts.  After that it gave me the option of of all three under Settings/my accounts/(name of the account - account 2)...........then all the options where there to check off.  Right now I'm only syncing the contacts, since I'm not using the calender or the e-mail in this account yet.

I still can not get the past events in the original calender though..............not a real big issue for me though at this time.  I was only trying to find relevent items I wanted to bring forward as re-occuring which in the previous year I may have forgotten to click as re-occuring (like birthdays) which is how I noticed in the first place that old events did not come over.

Options

8 Posts

11-21-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 15

2011-06-14, 14:19 PM

I Have a droid - before the new update, my calendar updated automatically.  Now I am having to sync manually, is this correct?  Do I need to change a setting somewhere so my calendar will sync automatically again?  I am using google calendar.

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 15 of 15

2011-06-14, 16:17 PM

Your calendar should still sync automatically.  Check your account settings to make sure they're still correct.  You might try toggling the settings (turning calendar sync off and on again) or removing and reinstating the account (unless it's your main account).  I've heard of sync issues appearing after updates before, but don't think they're specific to the update itself. - MarkC

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms