Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 Global by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-09-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

Quicker way to turn wifi on other than home screen toggle?

2011-03-21, 14:08 PM

Hi all,

I used to have a Samsung Fascinate.  Not a very good phone but it had some good things.  One was the ability to toggle wifi on and off from the pull down tray.  This was especially convenient when I was in another app and wanted to jump onto a wifi network instead of my carrier network.  It also didn't disrupt whatever app I was using.

Now, with the D2G, when I'm downloading something and decide to turn wifi on I have to hit the home screen and toggle wifi on.  When I go back to the app, the download starts all over again.

Any help?  Any quicker way of toggling wifi that's less time consuming and more productive?

Thanks.

Options

540 Posts

12-18-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Quicker way to turn wifi on other than home screen toggle?

2011-03-22, 2:43 AM

I did a little reading and I don't know if this will help but I hope its better than nothing. Now when your on a specific app, I know that I can simply push the home button and it still keeps the app going instead of using the back button. Say for instance I am listening to music and I want to open a game or other app that I know I can use wifi then I press the home app, my music is still going, or if downloading from the market, I am able to still keep those apps going and then going into settings, and turn on wifi. But if you already have the widget then that saves you a step and doesn't stop my downloads. I hope this makes sense, I just wanted to help and I can't stand seeing people looking for answers and not get a response. I'm no expert, just help when I can. I hope this helps you.

Options

1 Posts

02-01-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 5

2011-03-22, 20:28 PM

There is a widget called Widgetsoid that allows you to put toggles in your notification screen.  In most apps i think you could then just pull down the notifications screen and hit the wifi toggle from there.

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 5

2011-03-22, 21:09 PM

Wow!  That sounds like a great app!  Might have to give that one a try.  The appbrain.com page for it is here:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/widgetsoid2-x/com.jim2

MarkC

Options

48 Posts

03-01-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2011-03-28, 11:50 AM

I've used Widgetsoid for the customizable widget, but I didn't know it could do the notification bar thing.  Got it working.  Thanks for the heads up.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms