Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wittlemwan22
What's DOS?
Views: 2,743
Message 1 of 5

Unwanted Downloads

Whenever I connect to a certain Wi-Fi network, my phone keeps downloading unprompted apps. I've already download AVG, but that doesn't stop it. I could use some help here, 'cause the stuff that is downloaded is down-right strange.

grandsport
Broadband 3G
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unwanted Downloads

Does it only happen on one particular wifi network, or does it happen on all or just some wifi networks. If only on one, whats the difference (secured, unsecured, etc...) in the networks.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 5

That could be a real security threat to your phone but I'm not sure how the download is being initiated from the other end...are you on the Google Play Store when this happens or another file download site?       --- Dan

wittlemwan22
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

It only does it on my friends unsecured hotspot, and I'm never on Google Play when it happens. But I share the same account as him and I think he's using GooglePlay.com to download the stuff because it only does it when he's messing with his phone, and then it starts downloading. He keeps denying it, but I can only get a good signal from his hotspot. I changed the filter on Google Play to Everyone, but then the phone starts to download a ton of other junk. I dont want to lose all the games I paid for, but they only way I can see to stop the downloads is to remove his account. I'm indecisive on this particular matter.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 5

wittlemwan22 said:

It only does it on my friends unsecured hotspot, and I'm never on Google Play when it happens. But I share the same account as him and I think he's using GooglePlay.com to download the stuff because it only does it when he's messing with his phone, and then it starts downloading. He keeps denying it, but I can only get a good signal from his hotspot. I changed the filter on Google Play to Everyone, but then the phone starts to download a ton of other junk. I dont want to lose all the games I paid for, but they only way I can see to stop the downloads is to remove his account. I'm indecisive on this particular matter.

View original

I think the problem is that he is on your account and sharing that same hotspot.  Does he also own a Droid 2 Global?     -- Dan