Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kurpter
What's DOS?
Views: 1,966
Message 1 of 3

problem with phone Update 4.5.629

Hi all,

my phone crashed while it was updating to 4.5.629 now the phone is stuck on the bootloader menu with =

Bootloader'
D0.11
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Batery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

any help would be greatful.

fishj
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3

Re: problem with phone Update 4.5.629

Good luck. Motorola support said it was something I did, something about a root or bsf or something to that extent. They said they could not support it becauseI tweaked the software. I DID NOTHING OF THAT SORT! I took the update from verizon, the 4.5.629? yeah the one that fixes all the bugs? I am now sol with a phone that Verizon will not replace because Motorola says I broke it. Tell me how allowing Verizon to update it breaks it. 

Nonethless, this was my first Moto phone and it will be my last. I do not want to do business with a company that treats their customers like this.

kurpter
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: problem with phone Update 4.5.629

hmm, really? i contacted them and explained what happened and they asked me to send it to their repair center and they have fixed it me free of charge.

I found Motorola live chat support really helpful.

I love the build quality of motorola phones (the software can be abit flaky) but overall i find motorola a good company (shame we wont be getting the droid 4 over in the UK or i would snap that bad boy up!)