Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 9

Can't view photos and videos taken with my phone

2012-03-10, 2:59 AM

Sometimes when I take pictures and/or videos with my phone, I can't see the picture or video on my phone.  I take a photo.  The phone acts like it took a photo.  I see a thumbnail initially.  When I try to view it again, there is just an icon and the photo is gone.  It will say it isn't viewable or a video isn't playable.  Can't view them if I transfer them to my computer either.  I don't understand what the problem is because sometimes it works just fine.  I can still see old photos or videos.  The formats are exactly the same as the old photos.  I didn't change the settings. 

I really need help because this always happens when i'm trying to take photos of stuff that is important.  Stupid things I take pics of are the ones I have no issues with, of course.

Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't view photos and videos taken with my phone

2012-03-10, 22:13 PM

MSUBando,

I have had the same issue from time to time. Do you have any third party Android Market *ahem* Google Play applications installed that control the camera or take pictures? That was my problem, and it somehow corrupted the images and they were moved to the " LOST.DIR " folder on my SD card. For me, only a few were recoverable. Try to start your phone in safe mode and play around with it and take some pictures, if the problem goes away then it is one of your applications. Hope this works, and if it does not, let us know what fixed it!

Take It Easy,

mightyorion

P.S. - The "MSU" in your name wouldn't happen to refer to McNeese State, would it?

Options

71 Posts

08-17-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2012-03-11, 5:57 AM

I have this issue too. After I restart the phone, even the icons dissapear (I assume it rebuilds the library based on the non-corrupted photos), but the camera seems to work again for a little while. I have no apps related to the camera.

Options

6 Posts

03-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2012-04-22, 21:23 PM

I am not using an app that relates to the camera. 

Is it possible it could be an SD card problem?  I didn't have this problem before I put in a new card.  The card has been formatted. 

Still not sure why a few photos or videos are not affected while most of the ones I take disappear.

Options

92 Posts

09-04-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2012-04-23, 1:10 AM

Have you gotten the new update? This was a problem that has been affecting me since the update, and so far I haven't noticed anyone else with the issue--it's saving a 0 byte file.

I tried a 3rd party app to see if there were an alternative, but those just crashed when attempting to save.

Options

6 Posts

03-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2012-04-23, 13:53 PM

When was the new update?  I think my phone is up to date.  I don't recall if it started happening immediately after an update or not.  It's been doing it for a few months.

Options

92 Posts

09-04-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2012-04-23, 20:14 PM

The update was just a few days ago.

Options

6 Posts

03-10-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2012-04-23, 22:04 PM

Well, I have no outstanding updates, but I've had the problem for much longer so I don't think the most recent one created the problem.  Maybe the new update fixed it for me.  I haven't taken any pics recently.  **Fingers Crossed**

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2012-05-16, 19:01 PM

MSUBando said:

I am not using an app that relates to the camera. 

Is it possible it could be an SD card problem?  I didn't have this problem before I put in a new card.  The card has been formatted. 

Still not sure why a few photos or videos are not affected while most of the ones I take disappear.

The third party application that *might* be the problem would not necessarily have to have anything to do with the camera, but rather the interrupts conflicting and causing the problem.  If it were a problem with your microSD card, it would extend beyond the directory the pictures are stored in and you would be having read/write issues with other applications as well.  You can put your phone into safe mode and test to see if you still have the zero byte picture problem(s).    --- Dan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms