Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ode2Sabre
What's DOS?
Views: 3,223
Message 1 of 24

DROID 2: Sign Up For SOAK Test

How do you sign up to be involved with the SOAK Test?

I believe I have signed up for the Feedback Network, is there anything else to do?

Thanks,

Mike

mightyorion
What's DOS?
Views: 3,200
Message 2 of 24

Re: DROID 2: Sign Up For SOAK Test

Ode2Sabre,

If I were you, I would check to ensure that you have 'opted-in' in your profile settings saying that you are willing to participate when and if an opportunity arises. The details on the MFN are here:  https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775 pretty much outlines the process.

ponyboy03
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 24

Does anyone know what this soak test is in preparing for?

Ode2Sabre
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 24

mightyorion said:

Ode2Sabre,

If I were you, I would check to ensure that you have 'opted-in' in your profile settings saying that you are willing to participate when and if an opportunity arises. The details on the MFN are here:  https://forums.motorola.com/posts/77d4221775 pretty much outlines the process.

Thanks for you help!

windowman
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 24

I signed for the test havent herd anything yet I guess there not ready to start yet

nascar2555
Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 24

mightyorion is correct, you must check your profile to be included. and if you have been i cluded in a soak test you are very fortunat indeed. but be aware of the rules to participate in a soak test. motorola is trusting you to report bugs and to make sure the update is going smoothly.  motorola only wants to hear feedback from the soak test participants, thats why they ask to keep the test confidential. this is done for 2 reasons. 1 it minimizes the amount of people asking whst the update is, and 2 if the update does have a new found bug, it gives motorola a chance to fix the bugs quietly and give them more time to fix it right vs having tons of people wondering when the software will be released.

just giving you guys some insight on how the soam test works, and if you have been fortunate enojgh to be selected. congradulations! but be sure to keep it under wraps or you wont be considered eligiable in the future.

windowman
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 24

I was asked to partisipate filled out the form but still havent herd back yet hasvanyonebherd anything,?
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 24

windowman said:

I was asked to partisipate filled out the form but still havent herd back yet hasvanyonebherd anything,?

If you match the criteria by completing the two steps(that is both opting in and registering products) mentioned in the link above you're usually in good shape to be selected. If you aren't selected we don't notify you as soak tests are confidential. Complete the two items above and then watch your inbox for more information from the Motorola Feedback Network.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
windowman
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 24

Its acctually my wifes phone but were togrther all the time anyway so I figured I would give it a shot shes always complaing about stuff on the phone anyway most of time its operator error lol. Thanks
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 10 of 24

ponyboy03 said:

Does anyone know what this soak test is in preparing for?

This update should bring you up to Android Version 2.3.4, System Version 4.5.621.A955.en.US     --- Dan