Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

03-23-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 11 of 16

Re: Dialer (keypad) volume too low on Droid 2

2011-03-23, 14:33 PM

Don't know if this issue was ever fixed but I just bought 22 Droid2s Global, yes 22 of them for my staff at work.  I've rolled out 4 so far and all of them already had the same issue and I'm searching to see if anyone else has had this problem before I went and roll out the rest of my phones.  The problem we are coming across is that the phone's sound suddenly stop working, meaning when placing/receiving a call people cannot hear us or we cannot hear them, yes the volume is turned up completely at max, even during a call we try activating the speakerphone and it doesn't work, meaning it looks like it turns on but we cannot hear anything.  The problem is fixed by removing the battery and then powering the device back up, this is ridiculous, I can't be doing this every time I want to make a phone call.

Two of my staff members already returned their device and went back to their old blackberry, I'm hoping there is a fix for this before I decide to go back to blackberries.  The good thing is that my contract with Verizon is just beginning, I haven't even ported all my numbers in to them so I can easily go back to my former provider but I wanted to see if I can fix this before.

here is more info on the devices we just purchased.  No additional apss have been installed, just default ones.

Motorolla DROID2 Global

Android 2.2

Baseband version N_01.48.05R

Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g9e2c63d

xrpk47@il93Indxdroid25 #1

Build number VZW

Eri Version 6

PRL Version 52219

System Version Version.2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 12 of 16

2011-03-23, 14:56 PM

Wow, chicago888!  Are they all having this volume problem?  I recommend you post this to the D2 Global forum as well as I've not seen it as a common problem on the plain D2. - MarkC

Options

5 Posts

03-23-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 16

2011-03-23, 15:09 PM

Yes, every one of the 4 that I've rolled out has had this problem.  As a matter of fact, the first one that I rolled it had the problem right out of the box when I was activating the phone, but since it was my first one I thought it was something I was doing.  But then the other three, after I gave them to my staff came back to me with the same issue.  One of my staff members took his to a local verizon store and they told him he should remove the battery and power it back on but if it kept doing it again to take it back to where he bought it and get a new one.

Do you have the exactly link to the Droid2  Global forum?

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 14 of 16

2011-03-23, 15:20 PM

The Global forum is here:  https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid2_global?view=discussions&start=0

Options

305 Posts

04-23-2010

United States

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 15 of 16

2011-03-24, 6:12 AM

Well, here it is for all to see...

I can't say how, but a friend's D2 has confirmed for me tonight through a process of elimination that the Motorola build of Froyo for the D2 is at fault for this bug since his allows the keypad volume to be fully controlled by the "Media" volume control through the entire range from silent to LOUD and everywhere in between, and operates completely normal - like my wife's D1, and doesn't exhibit the problem I describe with my D2.

So I can now say with 100% certainty that the D2 hardware and also the Google operating system are not at fault.  So it has to be that the Motorola overlay or Blur or some other customization of the OS is the cause of this bug.  Now let's see if Motorola actually fixes this.

Options

305 Posts

04-23-2010

United States

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 16 of 16

2011-03-24, 6:19 AM

Chicago888, I am sorry to hear about the issues your team are experiencing with the D2G and volumes of both incoming and outgoing sound on phone calls.  I do hope your issues are resolved to your satisfaction since it is no less than completely reasonable that a phone should function as a phone.  Anything less is a matter of failure and should not be tolerated.

As for this thread (and seeing as though I am the OP), it was not created for addressing call volume, but specifically for the volume of the DTMF tones heard out of the speaker while dialing a phone number - i.e. pressing the numbers on the dialpad/keypad and being able to hear them in noisy environments (such as a car at highway speeds).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms