Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
encom
What's DOS?
Views: 260
Message 1 of 3

Droid 2 Crashes

Hello,

I’m still using my Droid 2 but still having problems.  My phone has never really recovered from the GB push of 2011.  I never liked the redesigned home screen so I took Matt’s advice and downloaded Go Launcher.  About two months ago my phone started locking up any time I added or deleted music and I would get a message saying Go Launcher is not responding "Activity GO Launcher EX (in application GO Launcher EX) is not repsonding".

The only fix is to pull the battery and then restart.  Sometimes it takes a couple of restarts to get the Droid working again.  I’ve updated Go launcher but it didn’t help.  I’m not sure that Go Launcher is even the root cause.  

Recently Matt suggested I do a factory reset so now I have a question about that.  I’m living overseas and no longer have service with Verizon (or any cell phone provider).  If I do a reset, will my OS update or will I get Froyo back?  And, if I do, will I get a version that runs well?  I loved my phone before the GB push so if that is what I get, I’ll be happy.  If I do a reset but then need other updates to the OS, how do I get them?  I won't be back in the States for another year so I don't want to do anything that will kill my phone.  It's certainly better than nothing Smiley Happy 

I don't run many apps either, but if  do a reset, other than writing down the apps I have, how do I keep the stuff I want?  I realize the SD card won't be affected by the restart, but what about everything in the internal memory?

I appreciate any help you can provide.  My Droid works 90% of the time, but the 10% is getting old.

Thanks!

luilao
802.11n
Message 2 of 3

Re: Droid 2 Crashes

If I do a reset, will my OS update or will I get Froyo back?  And, if I do, will I get a version that runs well? - No and Maybe, "No" it will not go back to froyo  and "maybe" it will run smoothly since there are no 3rd party applications installed on your device. Normally software updates are send out OTA (over the air) so as long as you have internet connection you can download it. 

I don't run many apps either, but if  do a reset, other than writing down the apps I have, how do I keep the stuff I want?  - You can go to Google Playstore using your computer - Go to google - search for Google Playstore - Sign in your Gmail Account at the top right - Click on My Android Apps and you will see there all your downloaded apps way back from the first app you have downloaded (Including Paid). 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 3

Re: Droid 2 Crashes

I don't run many apps either, but if  do a reset, other than writing down the apps I have, how do I keep the stuff I want?  I realize the SD card won't be affected by the restart, but what about everything in the internal memory?

You could also get an app like MyBackup Pro and it will back up all of your free apps. It will back up some paid app as long as they are not private. Most paid apps are private, though.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.