Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

08-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 12

Droid 2 Exchange sets up but then get account configuration error

2010-08-13, 15:30 PM

Whie I have seen the threads about the contacts and the pin #, I see to have a different problem. I configure my login, domain, server, ssl, etc, and I get the SUCCESS. Then, when I go to the email or messaging app and click that new account, it shows "Inbox" and the spinning red refreshing symbol. Then after a few seconds I get a notification saying there was an account configuration error. If I input my account into the Touchdown app, I am able to get all of my emails, appointments, etc. I know some of you guys have been able to get the Corporate Sync to work, so is there anything that might be wrong in my case? I tried switching the ssl and certificate settings with no success.

Thanks!

• Taking the liberty of changing some post titles to be more specific. Thanks.

Message was edited by: Matt (Forums Manager)

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Droid 2 Exchange sets up but then get account configuration error

2010-08-13, 15:58 PM

My Droid2 hasn't arrived yet, but I have Android 2.2 on my Droid1 which should have the same Exchange funcitonality.  Though I've been a TouchDown user since the Droid came out, I wanted to see if the native Exchange functionality in 2.2 was less problematic than had been reported in 2.1.  I configured it in a minute and it synced my Exchange account fine.  All the e-mails and folders appeared in the global inbox.  I'll try it again when my Droid2 arrives and see if it has a problem.  (Since I already have a TouchDown license and it has far greater functionality than the native app, I'll likely continue keep using it.) - Mark

Options

9 Posts

08-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2010-08-13, 16:09 PM

Thanks. One thing is that the exchange app on the Droid 2 is written by Motorola I believe, whereas your app on the Droid with the custom firmware is the native Google version.

Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2010-08-20, 12:44 PM

@zoom

Have you been able to get your email/calendar/contacts using the same configuration settings with another client?  By another client I mean of the following: i) Touchdown on the same device, ii) another Android device or iPhone, iii) a PC client that supports ActiveSync (like Mail on Mac with OSX Leopard)?

Can you also tell me what version of Exchange you are trying to connect to (Exchange 2003 SP2?, Exchange 2007?, Exchange 2010?)

fxholl

Options

1 Posts

08-23-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2010-08-23, 16:51 PM

My wife is having the same problems. Strange thing is, on my Droid (original, not Droid 2) her company's email sync just fine, so I believe this is a combination of Droid 2 and her company's email server setup. So here are the details:

Server: Kerio Connect 7.0.1 (Competes with Microsoft Exchange, and provides ActiveSync capabilities)

SSL: Yes

SSL Cert: Self-signed certificate

During the initial account creation process it warns that the certificate is self-signed, at which point I can click "Disable Verification" and it proceeds. Then when it tries to sync email/calendar/contacts, it errors out.

So I wonder if "Disable Verification" setting is not "sticking" and therefore the sync doesn't work.

@zoom: What is your setup like?

Options

9 Posts

08-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2010-08-23, 16:57 PM

Our setup here at work involves some flavor of Exchange 2003 (I assume they have installed all of the service packs). The funny thing is, that after about 5 days of using Touchdown, all of a sudden all of my emails from the Corporate Sync account came flooding in seemingly at random. I don't think anyone changed anything on the Exchange side during that time. I deleted the account because I was getting double notifications and have been using Touchdown since, but maybe when I get a chance I will try creating that Corporate Sync account one more time and see if it downloads right away.

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2010-08-23, 21:44 PM

Go to your home screen, select menu, then select about phone, and do a check for system update.   --- Dan

Options

34 Posts

08-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2010-08-23, 21:50 PM

I had a similar problem....my inbox disappeared with nothing but the spinning wheel.....I deleted the account (took off TouchDown) re-booted, downloaded 2.2.20 and re-installed the account....so far so good.....  By the way, I liked TouchDown, but I think the native app should be able to do the task, and with both running, in my opinion there was way too much going on with Exchange Server......but it did seem to work with both.....

Options

9 Posts

08-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2010-08-23, 22:06 PM

I just updated to the newest OS release and tried adding my corporate sync account again. Just like last time, I get the success screen, and then when I click the email app, it shows my inbox at the top with a spinning red arrow for a few minutes, then I get an error notification saying something like "Account error".

Options

1 Posts

09-07-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2010-09-07, 19:15 PM

Then, when I go to the email or messaging app and click that new account,  it shows "Inbox" and the spinning red refreshing symbol. Then after a  few seconds I get a notification saying there was an account  configuration error.

I'm getting the identical thing with my Droid2 when trying to synch up with Exchange 2010.  Is there a non-Touchdown solution to this?

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms