Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAstudillo777
What's DOS?
Views: 274
Message 1 of 3

Droid2 Keyboard and settings

A couple days ago every time I tried to type a text message after the 2nd or 3rd word the app would freeze then go back to the home screen. A lot of times it would freeze after pressing the space bar. Wow that was so frustrating but after looking at my settings in the Multi touch keyboard settings, there were a whole bunch of green checks. After I unchecked the Show Suggesttions, Auto-correct, and Auto-punctuate the keyboard worked they way it use to.  So how did those settings get changed, I didn't change them?  Was there a recent update that would cause those settings to change?  The keyboard didn't work in every app, that was so strange.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Droid2 Keyboard and settings

Moved to correct forum area...
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 3

Re: Droid2 Keyboard and settings

There has not been an update to the Droid 2 for quite some time.  We have read posts regarding rare instances of system setttings being"toggled" on or off with no apparent explanation.  Third party applications can sometimes be the cause of these experiences.  I recommend you take your trouble shooting to the next level and do an extended battery pull of at least two minutes to clear out any volatile files that many currently exist on your phone.    --- Dan