Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhearcht
What's DOS?
Views: 375
Message 1 of 5

Droid2 : USB connection to car

My USB connection to car multimedia device won't let me play streaming audio (Pandora) thru the car speakers. The car media for USB says "check device". Apparently it will play music from the SD card files, but not from internet streaming. Is this to be expected?

The Pandora music will play in Bluetooth mode, but goes silent after a couple of minutes. That's why I'm trying a "hard" connection. But that doesn't work at all. Any help will be appreciated.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 2 of 5

Re: Droid2 : USB connection to car

Moved to Droid 2 community.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 5

Hello.  I recommend you put your phone into safe mode and then try to stream your audio, if your phone works as it should in safe mode, you have a third party application that is the source of your problem.  In answer to your question, any audio that is routed out the headphone jack should work whether it's a recording you are playing back from your phone or you are streaming audio from the Internet.    --- Dan

jhearcht
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

The phone is processing the Pandora music OK, but the car audio system doesn't seem to recognize the streaming data. It will play files from the memory card, but not from internet.

I don't find any reference to "safe mode" in the owner's manual. I'm familiar with the concept from Windows, but how do you get into Safe Mode in Android OS?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

Safe mode for the Droid 2:  http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35030

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.