Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

53 Posts

02-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 9

Flash for video viewing on R2D2

2011-03-24, 8:55 AM

I am having issues seeing any video on Youtube through my R2D2 Droid. They all say I need Flash 10. However, I downloaded Flash 10 a while back.

Suggestions,please!

Answer
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

Re: Flash for video viewing on R2D2

2011-03-25, 3:09 AM

Ray Cornett wrote:

Ok,here is what I found out...

If I use the normal browser through the browser icon(small globe) That came with the phone I seem to be able to see videos when they finally load. However I prefer Mozilla for the web and that is the browser I am having issues seeing videos with through youtube on my phone.

EDIT- However I seem to not be able to get videos to play while it is on the charging dock. I can get to youtube but once I click the play arrow on the video thumbnail nothing happens.     Also, it seems the videos sometimes will not play on either browser. I click on the button and the video turns yellowish for a second and then nothing.

Thank you for the rapid reply, Ray.  Firefox/Mozilla does not support Flash in this Beta release, that's the primary reason I am not using it now.  Also, since Flash is still being refined, you may sometimes find sites that will not work with the current implementation of Flash.  It's not your phone, it's a combination of the Mozilla limitations and the work-in-progress with Flash.   --- Dan

Replies(8)
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

2011-03-24, 20:09 PM

Ray Cornett wrote:

I am having issues seeing any video on Youtube through my R2D2 Droid. They all say I need Flash 10. However, I downloaded Flash 10 a while back.

Suggestions,please!

Ray, have you looked on the Market for Flash 10.2?  If it's visible to you, it will be usable on your device.   --- Dan

Options

53 Posts

02-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2011-03-24, 21:05 PM

If I use the normal browser through the browser icon(small globe) That came with the phone I seem to be able to see videos when they finally load. However I prefer Mozilla for the web and that is the browser I am having issues seeing videos with through youtube on my phone.

EDIT- However I seem to not be able to get videos to play while it is on the charging dock. I can get to youtube but once I click the play arrow on the video thumbnail nothing happens.     Also, it seems the videos sometimes will not play on either browser. I click on the button and the video turns yellowish for a second and then nothing.

Answer
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2011-03-25, 3:09 AM

Ray Cornett wrote:

Thank you for the rapid reply, Ray.  Firefox/Mozilla does not support Flash in this Beta release, that's the primary reason I am not using it now.  Also, since Flash is still being refined, you may sometimes find sites that will not work with the current implementation of Flash.  It's not your phone, it's a combination of the Mozilla limitations and the work-in-progress with Flash.   --- Dan

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

53 Posts

02-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2011-03-25, 5:42 AM

Thanks for the explanation. I guess Firefox is pointless then because I hate switching from browswer to browser depending on what I am doing.

What do you suggest if anything that I do to keep the phone from locking up for a few minutes in the middle of a video then starting up again?

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2011-03-25, 15:13 PM

I haven't experienced your locking video problem, so I'm no help there.  But, my favorite browser is the XScope Pro and it's hands down the best I've used. 

The Appbrain page for it is here:  http://www.appbrain.com/app/xscope-browser-pro-web-file/sui.mRelease

There's a free version too, but the paid "Pro" version is well worth it. - MarkC

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2011-03-25, 18:01 PM

Ray Cornett wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I guess Firefox is pointless then because I hate switching from browswer to browser depending on what I am doing.

What do you suggest if anything that I do to keep the phone from locking up for a few minutes in the middle of a video then starting up again?

You're very welcome, Ray.  My thoughts exactly with Firefox/Mozilla right now, I like it on my desktop, but I am currently using Chrome, because, IMHO, if we don't keep up with what's going on with Google, we're going to be behind, and also Chrome on the desktop is fast and not bloated like Internet Explorer.  Just to be on the safe side, I'm suggesting you power down your phone, pull the battery for one full minute, reinstall the battery, power up, and decide which alternate browsers you want to have on your phone.  I *always* have at least two, MarkC has given you an excellent suggestion, and I'll expand on that a bit, download several browsers and compare them to see which one appeals to you the most personally.  If I were you, I would try Mark's recommendation first.     --- Dan

Options

53 Posts

02-25-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2011-03-27, 4:13 AM

Maybe next month.This is my first full month with the phone and I was liking too many paid apps

Options

11 Posts

04-10-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2011-04-12, 1:32 AM

Figured so, FF is nasty in its own power just with a PC/Lap top. not to say the droid is Strong. its quite weak.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms