Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swampwizard
What's DOS?
Views: 525
Message 1 of 7

Hello and.......

Hello Everybody, I'm new to the forum and just bought my first smartphone. The phone is a DROID2. I'm computer savy but not with the cellphone. The phone directions do leave a lot to be desired. I've unlocked  my phone  and then 5 minutes later the phone says DROID and then a green light starts blinking in the upper righthand corner. This may seem stupid but not to me. Why is this green light blinking? Thanks for your help.

swampwizard
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hello and.......

Update My phone is charged and is not charging at this time. I have a home screen and can make calls and I have no SD card. Do I need to reinstall battery? Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 7

Is there anything in the notification bar? Drag your finger from the top of the screen down to pull the notification bar down. This is where you will find out what that light is blinking for. At least, it should be.

If there is something listed there than you can either read what it is for or tap on the notification to pull up the app that is sending that notification. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

swampwizard
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

It's an email notofication. Can I go in settings and stop the notifications? In the newer DROIDS there is a widget at google play for controling the notification light but it doesn't work for Droid2. Anybody know about one for this phone? Thanks

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 7

To stop notifications for email, open the email app and tap, menu-settings-notifications. You want to make sure that the check box is cleared. That should turn off the notifications. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

swampwizard
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Thanks very much joelbon!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 7

You're most welcome. I am glad to be of help.