Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

How to turn off Sync on an account (2.3.3)?

2011-10-14, 11:43 AM

Hi All,

While I really like a lot of the 2.3.3 improvements, I find one behavior annoying, and was wondering if anyone had an idea how to fix the problem.

Problem - every time a new email comes in, I receive a notification alert.  Since the notification is useful for other critical functions (receiving alerts on a system down - I am a Network dude), I cannot disable notifications.  I find it very annoying that I have to run over to my phone every time I receive an email, thinking it might be a system down notification.  I cannot selectively disable notifications by account.

On My Xoom tablet, when setting up accounts, I have the option to Sync the account automatically, or not.  If automatic sync is off, I can check my email at my leaisure, while only receiving notifications for important events.

Any ideas how to resolve?  Might a future patch (2.3.4) fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Go Sabres!!1

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: How to turn off Sync on an account (2.3.3)?

2011-10-14, 15:25 PM

I get around this by using gmail and a third party app. If you use gmail, you can have different notification tones for each account.  I also use TouchDown for Exchange (have since the original Droid) and since it's a separate app, I assign a unique notification tone to it and accomplish the same thing for my "work" e-mails.  Options are limited if you use the native system exclusively as far as separate notification tones are concerned.  - MarkC

Options

3 Posts

10-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: How to turn off Sync on an account (2.3.3)?

2011-10-14, 23:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback- much appreciated. Touchdown looks slick. Am evaluating it now. It synced right up with Exchange 2010.

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms