cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarekahf
What's DOS?
Views: 4,214
Message 1 of 8

No internet connection only from Twitter, G Play..

I have Motorola Droid 2 and using it only with WiFi connection. Not using Mobile. I got it from USA as a gift in Adobe MAX 2011 event, and it is working fine until today (in Saudi Arabia).

Today, suddenly, I cannot use most application which requires internet connection such as twitter, Google Play ...etc... when connecting to my home WiFi connection.

Only the Browser, Dolphin Browser and Email are working fine.

When I try to use Twitter, I get error message something like "cannot retrieve tweets now". Same situation in Youtube, Gmail, Google+ ...and most other apps are all having same problem, and reporting that there is no connection to internet.

Tried to reboot, clear data, clear app cache ... nothing is working...

Also tried to remove the app which I updated today, but I cannot remember which apps I updated exactly (I remember I updated 3 apps) .. after that, I noticed this problem, but not 100% sure that this is the cause of this problem.

I have also tried to connect from another WiFi (at work) and check the statusm, again same problem.

Appreciate your help.

Tarek.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 8

Re: No internet connection only from Twitter, G Play..

Hello Tarek.  We are a USA support forum.  However, I can tell you that if you suspect that the problem was induced by the installation of a third party application to your phone, put your device into safe mode and see if the problem no longer exists.  If the problem is gone in safe mode you know that it's a third party application that is the source of your problem.    --- Dan

tarekahf
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Dan!

In safe mode, I was able to use Internet for Gmail, Google Play, Youtube ...etc.

Now the question, how I can sort the installed application by last updated or last installed, and I will remove them one by one?

Please help.

Tarek.

tarekahf
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

Just to post an update.

In safe mode, I updated Twitter to latest verison, then restarted my Android in regular mode, and looks like things are back to normal now...

It seems that Yesterday I updated Twitter, wich had a faulty version, then the next update fixed it... or something like that .... cheeky

Thanks for your help ....

Tarek.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 8

tarekahf said:

Thanks Dan!

In safe mode, I was able to use Internet for Gmail, Google Play, Youtube ...etc.

Now the question, how I can sort the installed application by last updated or last installed, and I will remove them one by one?

Please help.

Tarek.

View original

You're very welcome.  Now that we know it's a third party application that is the source of your problem, you'll need to try and recall the most recent third party applications that were installed or updated to your phone and uninstall them one by one unitl your problem no longer exists, when that happens you will know you have found your culprit.   --- Dan

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 8

tarekahf said:

Just to post an update.

In safe mode, I updated Twitter to latest verison, then restarted my Android in regular mode, and looks like things are back to normal now...

It seems that Yesterday I updated Twitter, wich had a faulty version, then the next update fixed it... or something like that .... cheeky

Thanks for your help ....

Tarek.

View original

That's excellent!  Thank you for the feedback.  If you are satisified with the answer provided, please mark the question "answered" (or "best answer") in order for other forum members who may have a similar problem to be able to search this thread for a potential resolution for them.   --- Dan

tarekahf
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

Sure ... I will mark this thread as resolved.... just please give a chance until tomorrow to verify the status from home WiFi, since I am now at work.

Tarek.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 8

tarekahf said:

Sure ... I will mark this thread as resolved.... just please give a chance until tomorrow to verify the status from home WiFi, since I am now at work.

Tarek.

View original

Of course, and thank you again for your feedback.    --- Dan