Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doc102003
What's DOS?
Views: 391
Message 11 of 14

Re: SD card issues

I donwloaded ASTRO what do I do? I am not a 100% sure how to use this program. Is it going to help me get the stuff off of the removable card? If there a program to force the card to mount. When you click to mount the card is pops up the wheel that spins like it is trying to do it and then it just goes back to the screen with the option to still mount it being available.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 12 of 14

doc102003 said:

I donwloaded ASTRO what do I do? I am not a 100% sure how to use this program. Is it going to help me get the stuff off of the removable card? If there a program to force the card to mount. When you click to mount the card is pops up the wheel that spins like it is trying to do it and then it just goes back to the screen with the option to still mount it being available.

When you strart "Astro" file manager, in the lower left portion of the screen is "Getting Started", tap on that and that will open the help screen.   Two of the first things discussed are how to copy/move a single file or folder.  After you have read this information, tap the back arrow on your menu keys and that will take you back to the "Astro" main menu, there you will see "Manage my files", tap on that and "Astro" will show you the contents of your internal SD card.  Scroll down to "DCIM", tap on it, you will be navigated to "Camera", tap on that and you will be taken to the default storage location for pictures on your phone.  If you have pictures there (their file names) you will know, at the very least, that you still have pictures on the internal SD card on your phone.  There is no way to force mount an external microSD card, if the phone's operating system detects the microSD card is defective, it will prevent you from mounting it for use.     --- Dan

doc102003
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 14

Thank you so much for you help dan. I finally got my computer to recognize the microsd card. So I was able to get testdisk to read it. Thank you so much again you were such a help.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 14 of 14

doc102003 said:

Thank you so much for you help dan. I finally got my computer to recognize the microsd card. So I was able to get testdisk to read it. Thank you so much again you were such a help.

You are very welcome.  It's always my pleasure.   I am very glad you were able to read the microSD card.  Was there any data/pictures on the card or was it blank?  If it was blank, it needs to be formatted by your PC for the FAT file system for use with your phone.      --- Dan