Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-23-2011

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Message 1 of 4

Suggestion for Power Management Settings

2011-03-23, 14:53 PM

Two suggestions here for Droid / Droid 2 / Droid 2 Global: 

1. is plugged in (i.e. charging or connected to computer via USB), give user the ability to disable the screen saver. It's annoying when using apps like Pandora at work to have to unlock the screen to "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down" a song after things have been playing a while, or to have to remember to reset my timeout for locking the screen every time I want to use my media dock at work.
  2. Have a separate security lock timeout for the media dock (or when the phone is playing media) so that when the phone is playing media the user can disable the security lock.

When you combine these two features, the user would be able to (for instance) be able to play Pandora at their desk at work and thumbs up/down songs without having to a) hit power button b) unlock phone c) hit back button to go into pandora every time the screen times out.

Thanks.

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Suggestion for Power Management Settings

2011-03-23, 15:01 PM

Have you tried any of the apps that disable the lock screen?  I have one called ScreenModeWidget that works quite well.  Also, there's a very good music player app called PowerAMP that has a widget that installs on the lock screen and allows you to manipulate the player without unlocking the phone.  (You might also post your suggestion on the D2 Global forum and see what other Global users have come up with.) - MarkC

Options

6 Posts

03-23-2011

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2011-03-23, 17:42 PM

Thanks, that did the trick. Power Control Plus does that and a lot more.  Now if they'd only add a widget to allow me to enable specific bluetooth connections with a single click, I'd be all set... but I'm sure there's one for that too!

Options

19 Posts

10-24-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2011-03-23, 17:49 PM

For droid 2:

If you go into Settings-Applications-Development there is an option that reads "Stay Awake"  Check the box.

This allows the screen to stay on the entire time while charging without locking.  I have my phone on a media dock and use pandora at work every day - having the screen on is a must!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms