Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

08-16-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 17

Touchdown licence from Moto - as on Droid X

2010-08-31, 4:55 AM

So I along with other Droid 2 users have been having problems with the built-in Exchange support advertised on the Droid (for me the email push stops working). I have been running Touchdown as officially advised on this forum and it works a lot better. As I come to the end of my trial period my question is:-

Will Motorola give out a complimentry licence as they have with Droid X?

As far as I'm concerned the Droid 2 isn't working as advertised (still annoys me to see the commerical that says intergrates your work email despite the problems people have been posting). As far as I'm concerned my device is about to cost me a further $19.99 and I would have to consider returning. Matt, I am looking at you to help this. There's not much time left.

Options

9 Posts

08-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 17

Re: Touchdown licence from Moto - as on Droid X

2010-08-31, 13:36 PM

I am also in the same boat. I have had no problems with Touchdown, and can't even get my emails to download using the Corporate Sync app (see my thread about the problem). I wish I could just try the default Froyo exchange app instead of the Motorola one to see if that one works.

Options

34 Posts

08-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2010-08-31, 13:43 PM

I was having the same problem and tried both TouchDown and Road Sync (Dataviz).  Both work very well.  Working with Motorola support, they apparently pushed something to my phone which eliminated the grayed out choices on the security screen, and I opted for none.  I wanted a license as well, but I like the built in app better (I think that Road Sync is closer), and I am one of those that believe what's installed should work.....if you have the patience of Job I recommend contacting level 2 or 3 support and work with one of them....they actually can help, but more than that I have found that they learn from us as well.  But first, go to the security screen and see if "none" and "Swipe" are still grayed out......

Options

1717 Posts

11-12-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 17

2010-08-31, 14:57 PM

Dan, Zoom and Tom, I empathize with you all as I had the same issues when the Droid 1 was first introduced.  At the time, I liked the phone enough to warrant buying an Exchange app (though the 2.2 update ultimately fixed it for me).  I've now installed it on my D2 and am getting my money's worth from it.  You certainly have a right to expect the native apps to function as advertised and I know Motorola is working hard on this.  I don't know how to advise you if you're up against your 30 day window on returning the phone.  But, I'm glad I kept my D1.  I paid full price for my D2 and like it even better. - MarkC

Options

71 Posts

08-17-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2010-08-31, 15:09 PM

I am also curious about this.

Options

28 Posts

08-16-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2010-08-31, 15:13 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I think my point here is that Moto set a precendant with the X - they ensured their customers did not have to pay for 3rd-party products that enabled functionality that has been advertised as native. I do expect Moto to natively fix this issue and I do expect Moto to foot the bill if their advice is to use a 3rd-party.

Why should a Droid X / 2 customer be different?

Options

20127 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2605 Signins

65408 Page Views

• Views: 65408
  • Message 7 of 17

2010-08-31, 15:27 PM

Hi.

The short answer is no, we won't be providing Touchdown licenses for Droid 2 owners at this time.

We took that step for Droid X because the basic functionality of Exchange email is not currently working for some common Exchange configurations. Some X owners could not get their email or notifications of email arriving. We felt that we had to provide a "bridge" for X owners for these essential functions until the fix is delivered.

Exchange has many, many policies that, fairly or not, I would categoize as "non-essential." Yes, they might make things easier and more useful. We are already working on changes to our own Exchange offer to add options and features. I think our offer will grow more and more robust over time, but for now, our focus is on making sure you can get your email, contacts, and calender properly synced.

Touchdown is a great application that will enable many Exchange policies that we don't currently support. Many Droid owners of all flavors have found it very useful and helpful. You may also find that it's a great addition.

That doesn't mean we won't help you get your Exchange to work properly. If your push stops working, I would call that an "essential" failure and we need to troubleshoot that. Please post your Exchange server version and your Droid 2 software version and we'll see if we can figure out what's wrong.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

28 Posts

08-16-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2010-08-31, 15:50 PM

Thanks Matt

Exchange 2007 via ActiveSync over SSL

2.2.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

FYI - I work for a large US-based multinational company (70k+ employees) and our forums are buzzing with other users having problems with push.

Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2010-08-31, 16:18 PM

do you get email in poll mode or no email at all?

Options

9 Posts

08-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2010-08-31, 16:21 PM

Exchange version: 6.5.7652.24 (I think it is some flavor of 2003) - ActiveSync enabled

Droid 2 2.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

As mentioned in my post on the subject, creating the account is successful, but when I go to download emails through the email app, I get a notification saying there is some kind of account error.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms