Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaos588
What's DOS?
Views: 5,233
Message 1 of 11

post update issues

When I initially got the update everything seemed to be working great, no restarts, camera saved its settings and the phone ran great.

However since friday it has turned its self back on after i shut it off, lost the unlock swipe bar, and when taking pictures it will save them as 0 bytes.

the camera sometimes fixes itself after a restart., I also cleared the data in the applications menu for the camera.

any idea's on what has caused these issues? no new programs have been downloaded.

joe_evaristo
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 11

Re: post update issues

I'm experiencing similar issues--the 0 byte camera saves are really annoying, but as with you, restarting fixes it. During the soak test I was the only one who ran into this issue, so I'm curious to find out if it is more widespread or not.

In the 2-3 days of the test, my stability was fine, but I'm finding out now that I'm experiencing more random reboots than previously as well.

robbietussin
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

im expericning the lack of help motorola advertises to give. 

SglGrma
Token Ring
Message 4 of 11

During the soak test, all was great on my phone too... BUT when they told us the soak was over, the very next day, my phone rebooted itself on it's own... (which, it never did before unless my gr'daughter installed a game on it) and ever since then, I have been having the same issues with my Droid 2 that I was having before the soak.

I am wondering if they took the soak from us, but left us thinking we had the same version... I am so tired of my Droid 2 again... seriously thinking of switching over to the RIM Blackberry again... No I Will Not Go To Apple~

f38urry
WWAN
Message 5 of 11

My wife's Droid 2 still occasionally spontaneously reboots after its been turned off for the night.  The "fix" didn't work.

SglGrma
Token Ring
Message 6 of 11

@ f38urry,

I was not one that had a problem with the rebooting ... unless My Granddaughter installed stuff on my phone that it did not like...
My main issue is that..

I think that AFTER they stopped the Soak Trial.... they reverted us back to what we had before.... because after that reboot... I started having all the same issues on my phone that I had before the soak.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 11

That isn't possible. They can't change the software on your phone. Give us the details on the About phone setting and we can verify your software version. That will tell us for sure.

Maybe you should try a factory data reset. Starting fresh can really make a difference. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

SglGrma
Token Ring
Message 8 of 11

@joelbon

Please dont tell me something is not possible. I know better. I applied for the soak, recieved it, everything worked great!
My wifi stayed connected, i had better battery life, my text messages did not freeze to where i had to clear my cache, plus the other stuff i wrote in my feedbacks.

Then after the soak was closed... within 48 hours of me hearing the soak was done. I sat there and saw my phone reboot for the first time since i took my gr'daughters games off. My wifi stopped working properly again. I cant leave it on because it keeps scanning for a signal. My 3g strength sucks worse than before i got the soak. My text message cache has to be cleared at least twice since then end of the soak.

My phone has not rebooted since that day. So my question is that....did you all take the soak back even though it says i still have it. It is not an accusation....it is more of a thought or question.

Because if you did... i was going to do a factory reset again on my phone to clean it up as it still shows i have the soak version and i was thinking it was left overs from you taking it back.

But i will today do a factory reset anyways.... because this service is terrible!
joe_evaristo
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 11

I'm going to echo the Joelbon's sentiment: that's not possible. The only way they can change your phone's software is through an update--which your phone would alert you to. No further update has been sent out.

The soak was too short. A weekend really isn't enough time to determine what kind of problems will crop up. It really should have been at least a week. After the soak, my phone had increased restarts as well, and I often have to reboot the phone to use the camera, otherwise it saves 0 byte files.

SglGrma
Token Ring
Message 10 of 11

you know guys, i am not going to banter back and forth about this.
i am not a stupid woman. I know that when writing code in programs, you can write in to reverse the change after so many days. I know this because i used to write them myself years back!

I was not accusing, i was generalzing a thought and asked if that is what they did. If so, then a factory reset on my phone just might help the issues i am having since the close of the soak. If they did not...then i will not upgrade to another Droid until the bugs are worked out... if at all.

Now on to my factory reset... lets see what this brings