Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveDROID 2 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

111 Posts

05-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

seeking opinions, Droid 2, compared to Droid X

2011-08-29, 19:55 PM

I currently have a Droid 2, and have an opportunity to pick up a Droid X.  Should I even bother?  Those of you have any experience with the X, what are you thoughts?  I do know that the X has 2.3 on it.  Did that improve the battery life?

Any suggestions, and opinions are most welcome.

Options

295 Posts

05-19-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: seeking opinions, Droid 2, compared to Droid X

2011-08-29, 20:23 PM

mihajlovic1954,

I have read that the 2.3 upgrade and subsequent patch currently on the Droid X has indeed improved battery life as well as a host of other issues. The Droid X has a larger screen, an HDMI output, FM Radio, and no physical keyboard just to name a few differences. I am partial to having a physical keyboard (and lower cost phones associated with carrier upgrades), which is why I don't currently own a Droid X, or X2, (or D3 while I'm into the parentheses mode). It ultimately comes down to consumer preference and research. Best of luck to you in making your decision.

Take it easy,

mightyorion

*Edit - After posting my reply I see that you currently own an original Droid™ by MOTOROLA™.  Assuming you have owned an OG Droid and seen the improvements to the Droid 2, perhaps that will help you in your decision making process.

Message was edited by: mightyorion

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2011-08-29, 20:39 PM

mihajlovic1954 wrote:

I currently have a Droid 2, and have an opportunity to pick up a Droid X.  Should I even bother?  Those of you have any experience with the X, what are you thoughts?  I do know that the X has 2.3 on it.  Did that improve the battery life?

Any suggestions, and opinions are most welcome.

Hello.  I have both and I can tell you that the Droid X is a terrific phone.  It's larger than the D2 and that provides a screen size that's a pleasure to view.  Battery life has never been an issue with my X's.  I have one, my wife has one, hers has the standard battery and I am amazed at how much use she gets out of her phone before a recharge is required.  That said, my D2 is not going anywhere anytime soon.        --- Dan

Options

15 Posts

04-14-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-08-29, 21:22 PM

I have a Droid 2 and my wife has the Droid X. The Gingerbread update for the Droid X made a BIG improvment for the battery life with my wife's Droid X as well as just generally snapiness. That said, I would not make Gingerbread a deciding factor since the Droid 2 should eventually be getting gingerbread as well.

I still love the physical keybaord on my Droid 2 but when I hold it next to my wife's Droid X I do have to confess that I get a slight case of screen envy (the Droid 2 has a 3.7 inch screen and the Droid X has a 4.3 inch screen - and it makes a bigger difference than you would think). Too bad there is no large screen keyboard slider with a Droid 2 style keybaord but the larger screen size like you get on the X (are you listening Motorola )

Aside from the screen size differences, physcial/no physical keyboard, and the Droid X's HDMI out/no HDMI on the Droid 2 the two phone have almost indentical hardware as far as processor, RAM and GPU goes. The Droid X used to ship with a larger SD card (16GB vs 8GB) but that has changed with the newer ones and reduced in size from what I recall.

I am still happy I went with the Droid 2 but I don't think you would go wrong with either the Droid X or the Droid 2 (or one of the newer Motorola Droids).

Options

27 Posts

03-27-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2011-09-01, 18:41 PM

I have a Droid X and my wife has a Droid 2. She got the Droid 2 specifically for the physical keyboard. I got the X specifically because it had the bigger screen and figured I'd adapt to the software keyboard. Both phones are good and, from my perspective, it boils down to whether you want a physical keyboard or not.

Strangly enough, once my wife got used to swype, she almost never uses the keyboard.  Go figure...

Brad

Options

127 Posts

08-15-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2011-09-02, 14:02 PM

Total personal preference.  We came from the BB Storm with a virtual keyboard.  Didn't really like it too much.  That's why we opted for the Droid 2, keyboard.  That was the MAIN reason we switched from BB.....

But, quite a few folks here at work have the Droid X and seem to like it.  Maybe you get use to the virtual keyboard?!?

The display is obviously quite nice and big.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms