Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lexipher
What's DOS?
Views: 2,546
Message 1 of 6

Touchscreen Freezes after Lock Screen

I've encountered a rather peculiar issue today; my phone, a Droid 3, will lose complete functionality of its touch-screen after the screen turns off.

If I remove the battery & reboot the phone, I can unlock it immediately after it turns on, and use it, till the screen turns off, and then it is once again completely unresponsive. The power-button & volume-buttons still function normally.

Thinking this to be a software issue, since my phone is in relatively good condition & has had no other issues prior to today, I did a full factory reset, first through Settings>Privacy, and second by booting the phone while holding "X" on the keyboard. BOTH have done nothing for the issue. In fact, the 2nd time setting up the phone, I turned off the screen. When it came back on, the touch screen was, once again, un-responsive, but since it was still in the setup, it let me continue as per usual, with the keyboard.

Finally, I have noticed that now, the phone has been a bit warmer than usual when I use it.

Thanks for any help you can offer in advance.

--Lex

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,502
Message 2 of 6

Re: Touchscreen Freezes after Lock Screen

When this happens, what happens when you open and close the keyboard? Does that make any difference to how the screen behaves?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Lexipher
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

The screen "turns sideways", just as it normally would, though I still can't slide my finger to activate it.

Also, pressing the volume keys changes the volume of the ring-tone, as it should. The phone doesn't "freeze"; the touch-screen just stops working.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

Even after closing the keyboard the screen still doesn't respond?

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Lexipher
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Correct.

The only way I have been able to get the touch-screen active again, is to remove the battery. Every time.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 6

I just seen a Droid 4 on Ebay for $37 and free shipping. This might be an opportunity to upgrade. I don't know what else to say. Sorry. I am betting that it is a hardware failure. A short or a plug that is coming loose. Wish I could help you more.