02-06-2018

CA

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 21 of 29

Re: Black screen

2018-02-06, 0:32 AM

ya ummm no, Moto Z black screen can be one of 2 problems, 1st problem could be softwarwe related and using the power and volume down trick is nothing more than a hard reset, but heh if it works for some then thats great. the 2nd and more probable cause is hardware related, so if your Piece Moto Z or droid or play or play 2 gets a black screen yet the finger print scanner is responsive and buzzes and you can call ur phone and it rings and you know where to touh the screen to slide it over on a black screen well then try this , just go all around the outside of your screen applying a bit of pressure pushing down on ur screen if it pops bac k on which it will then theres your problem. sadly motorolaélenovo gonna charge you 35 bucks just diagnose something they will claim is not a defect and you be a month out of warrantee and have to pay a crapload of money to get it repaired cause you being the gadget freak you are you bought the friggen moto z projector and ya cant use it with anything other than with the **bleep** moto z / play/ as soon as i get mine fixed im selling it and going back to iphone 

Options

1 Posts

04-07-2018

US

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 22 of 29

2018-04-07, 4:39 AM

So I tried all the mumbo jumbo. Clear cache, factory reset, Uninstall apps, restarted, battery reset (letting it drain and charge to 100 while it was off) 

Those never worked. However I do believe I may have figured something out. 

#1 get an app that can super deep clean or "cool the battery". I notice the screen has only ever blacked out when the bottom of the phone was above 95°F (according to phone sensors).

It happens if you get too many background apps running.

#2 turning the phone off while holding the power and volume down button works about 75% of the time. But if the phone is higher than 100°F it's nearly impossible to get the screen to turn on. (also according to phone sensors but at very brief glimpses).

#3 you can also limit data, I recommend leaving developers options off. Only max the screen brightness when necessary. Get an app that can limit back ground apps and clear junk data. 

#4 unplug immediately after full charge to help prevent initiating an overcharge/overheat.

#5(side note) during this screen blackouts the phone is 100% responsive to my touches and sounds. When the screen IS active I lose 10-95% of battery life within 3-15 minutes. The most extreme episode was 90% lost in three minutes. 

Even without mods this phone is amazing! I have the moto z droid edition. However it does take a responseable user with some patience. From what I understand, this wasn't a problem until the 7.1.1 update. I'm hoping the next update has a resolution for this issue.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Ps. My boyfriend has the Moto z Force. He also has issues since he updated his phone. His wifi and Bluetooth have completely stopped working. Neither one will even turn on. So far I have nothing to fix or get around these issues. 

Options

1 Posts

05-01-2018

US

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 23 of 29

2018-05-01, 13:20 PM

Yup I noticed this as well. Battery loss as well as a screen recovery.  Also this phone loves to lose bluetooth connectivity when the phone gets super hot. All this seems to be a serious manufactuer issue. 

Options

1 Posts

01-11-2019

US

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 24 of 29

2019-01-12, 0:02 AM

hero

Options

11 Posts

03-07-2014

US

12 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 25 of 29

2019-05-08, 13:46 PM

Hey, It's 2019 and the problem has gotten worse. The phone dies after a couple hours after a full charge.

Options

11959 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1192 Signins

161885 Page Views

• Views: 161885
  • Message 26 of 29

2019-05-30, 16:28 PM

HI Mrbuffles,

If you have tried doing the factory data reset without restoring/reinstalling all your third-party apps and files, yet you're still experiencing the same behavior, then there could be a hardware failure on your device, possibly a battery failure. Repair is the next option I would suggest. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

06-22-2020

AW

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 27 of 29

Re:Black screen

2020-06-22, 9:46 AM

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. You are probably wondering why you would need a Samsung USB drivers. No matter what types of Samsung devices you have, you want to make sure that you have chosen the right driver to help you manage and arrange your mobile devices. So, what’s the deal about the driver, anyway? What’s the function and the handy tips to use it? Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Motorola Droid 4

Options

3 Posts

07-01-2017

US

4 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 28 of 29

2020-06-22, 12:03 PM
So I got a notice about this post. My phone has been off and in a box since I made this post. About a month ago my daughter needed a phone because she cracked her screen. I told to go to my phone box and see if there was a phone in there she liked. Of course she picked my Droid because it was bigger than her phone. I told her it didn't work but plug it up and I'll see what I can do. Plugged the phone up and it showed the battery percent on the screen. Unplugged it and turned it on and it came right on. Still has my finger print remembered and everything. Phone with through numerous updates for the next few hours. Phone seems to be working fine. Not sure what happened but it seems to be okay now.
Options

11959 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1192 Signins

161885 Page Views

• Views: 161885
  • Message 29 of 29

2020-06-23, 17:22 PM

Hi Brute,

Thanks for sharing. It's possible that the battery was drained before. Though, I'm glad it's working fine. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms