Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID 4 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 1 of 3

Hotmail Sync

2012-02-15, 12:06 PM

I setup my phone exactly like i did the Droid 2, with Corporate sync hotmail, And it behaved the same way it did ont he droid 2. Email synced flawless, I could see my emails, but when i read on on my phone, it doesn't mark it as read on hotmail or my motorola xoom. Now in contract, my Motorola xoom setup with Corporate sync for Hotmail will mark them as read on hotmails website. and if i visit one on hotmail's website, it marks it as read on the Motorola Xoom.

When i went in to add my yahoo account, the setup changed since the droid 2 and i found the new Hotmail sync. I though this will be great!, but turned out to be another dud! If i read a message on my phone, It does mark it as read on my tablet and hotmail's website. But now i can't see my folders at all. I move a lot of messages to my folders, so thats a deal breaker in itself. And 2, the messages don't sync. Sure i get them instantly when a new message arrives, but when i delete on my tablet or hotmail, it doesn't delete on my phone. Same if i move emails to a folder, on my phone they are still accessible and i could still view them. Another complaint is the hotmail sync does not notify me with an audiable alert. I have went into the email settings, notifications, and selected my hotmail as i did the other three and i never get an audiable notification. but i do get alerted in the notification bar.

So is the hotmail sync still in beta? Is there a chance of getting a regular Corporate sync with the addition of all my folders? What i do like about the hotmail app is that it shows up as a different icon from my work email! that is a big plus for me to know what kind of email it is at a glance. Personal or Work.  So i really hope you get this working or can give me some much needed feedback on what i may have setup wrong in here.

Options

164 Posts

07-23-2010

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Hotmail Sync

2012-04-23, 20:16 PM

Syncing your hotmail account using Corp Sync is a good option, as it allows you to get folders synced (you won't see personal folders if you use the new Hotmail-branded setup flow).  Read status should sync to your other devices, though. Have you tried removing the account and setting it up again?

Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

100 Signins

922 Page Views

• Views: 922
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Hotmail Sync

2012-04-24, 14:34 PM

use corporate sync and use the server m.hotmail.com

have you tried this?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms