Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Moto Emeritus
Message 1 of 110 (53 Views)

Jelly Bean...check in here for info and tips...

We'll use this thread for our forum members to check in for information that may be beneficial to them to aid in preparing their Droid 4 for the installation of OTA Jelly Bean on their phones as well as any other pertinent information that may come along.  I'll update as necessary. This thread does not mean anything has changed with the most recent official Motorola time frame for the release of Jelly Bean.   Please, help us out by not posting "I read on xxx website that Jelly Bean is coming to the Droid 4 on xx/xx/2013.  We'll use this thread for our forum members to check in for information that may be beneficial to them to aid in preparing their Droid 4 for the installation of Jelly Bean on their phones as well as any other pertinent information that may come along.

For starters, among other things, double check that your profile information is up to date including the MEID of your phone as well as having the correct information in the Motorola Feedback Network.  This information is essential to be considered for participation in any soak test that may occur.   Thanks.     --- Dan

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 110 (53 Views)

Re: Jelly Bean...check in here for info and tips...

You tease broken heart

Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 110 (53 Views)

null

You tease broken heart

View original

Sorry, that's not my intention.  I just want all of us to be ready when Jelly Bean comes our way.  Both in having our phones ready and having our information up to date should any of the forum members want the opportunity to participate in any soak test that might come our way.    --- Dan

What's DOS?
Message 4 of 110 (53 Views)

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949#gs=eyJndWlkZUlEIjoxO...

droid razr gets a quarter 1 date....no mention for droid 4 i am betting on quarter 3.... it seems to take about 9 months between updates. Also seems to be several months since they upgraded anything. its dissapointing to say the least that they couldnt even stick a quarter to the d4. well here is hoping the motorola x phone is a unlocked bootloader phone if not it prolly will be the s4 for the next phone. I will sincerely miss my keyboard... but i feel like keyboard phones since the og droid are neglected on software and hardware, always a year or more behind in both. go team x phone

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 110 (53 Views)

Any guesses to what're the chances of the Charge Only USB mode coming back? Also, I hear in 4.1 or 4.2 Google completely removed USB Mass Storage (UMS). What are the chanes of that not being removed?

Since the Chrome browser is supposed to be the default browser, will there be keyboard shortcuts for it? Currently, on ICS there are zero keyboard shortcuts in the Chrome browser. Why must Google and app devs actively remove keyboard support in Android? The Droid 4 already lost some keyboard shortcuts without an ALT key and with each Android and app update, I lose even more.

Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 110 (53 Views)

null

Any guesses to what're the chances of the Charge Only USB mode coming back? Also, I hear in 4.1 or 4.2 Google completely removed USB Mass Storage (UMS). What are the chanes of that not being removed?

Since the Chrome browser is supposed to be the default browser, will there be keyboard shortcuts for it? Currently, on ICS there are zero keyboard shortcuts in the Chrome browser. Why must Google and app devs actively remove keyboard support in Android? The Droid 4 already lost some keyboard shortcuts without an ALT key and with each Android and app update, I lose even more.

View original

The changes to the file system and omission of mass storage mode and charge only are Google security implementations in Jelly Bean and I do not foresee them returning to future OS's.  The Droid 4 is unique (among Motorola Droid phones eligible for Jelly Bean) because of it's physical keyboard and I have not read nor seen any change logs for Jelly Bean as of this date for the Droid 4.      --- Dan

What's DOS?
Message 7 of 110 (53 Views)

null

The changes to the file system and omission of mass storage mode and charge only are Google security implementations in Jelly Bean and I do not foresee them returning to future OS's.  The Droid 4 is unique (among Motorola Droid phones eligible for Jelly Bean) because of it's physical keyboard and I have not read nor seen any change logs for Jelly Bean as of this date for the Droid 4.      --- Dan

View original

Do you have anything I can read about having a USB Charge Only mode being a security issue? I'm not a security expert.

I really hope Google/Motorola adds some keyboard support for Chrome and the OS in general that previously existed unless they really do intend to kill off physical keyboard use.

Token Ring
Message 8 of 110 (53 Views)

I think killing off the physical keyboard line completely for phones would be a mistake and Motorola/Google knows it. Many on the market like the physical keyboard opinion and Motorola holds the best lineup of hardware thus far. So imo they will continue support and at lest one model with it available. Just my opinion though, could be wrong.
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 110 (53 Views)

You forgot about the Droid 4 partner in crime the Photon Q.

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 110 (53 Views)

Will there be a soak test for Jellybean on the Droid 4 or is it stable enough to skip that?