Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID 4 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

08-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 110

Re: Jelly Bean...check in here for info and tips...

2013-03-14, 13:27 PM

Waiting very impatiently for news! ;)

ICS has been great (especially compared to the horrid Gingerblur), but based on everything I've been hearing about JB on the Razr...it is going to be another huge improvement. My coworker's Razr got updated the other day, I messed around with it a little and was very impressed.

Settings -> About Phone -> System updates...damn...not yet. Getting a little touch of OCD here. cheeky

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 110

2013-03-14, 13:33 PM

null

Waiting very impatiently for news! ;)

ICS has been great (especially compared to the horrid Gingerblur), but based on everything I've been hearing about JB on the Razr...it is going to be another huge improvement. My coworker's Razr got updated the other day, I messed around with it a little and was very impressed.

Settings -> About Phone -> System updates...damn...not yet. Getting a little touch of OCD here. cheeky

View original

Below are the major enhancements with Jelly Bean for the Motorola Droid RAZR, ours may not be exactly identical, of course because of the hardware differences:

Enhancements:

New User Interface

Look and Feel

Updated colors, font, icons, and animations.

New Features

Google Now

Added feature that generates real-time notifications throughout the day with relevant, contextual information such as weather, traffic, calendar. To access Google Now, press and hold the phone's search key.

Improved Features

Voice Search

Enhanced Voice Search to recognize questions asked in colloquial language, such as "Do I need an umbrella today?" Some questions may receive a spoken answer, while others will trigger a Google Search.

Camera

Improved image quality with better contrast and details, and more intuitive Panorama Mode.

Keyboard

Enhanced dictionaries to be more accurate and relevant and added capability to predict next word in a sequence when typing. Improved text-to-speech capabilities that now work without a data connection.

Gallery

Added capability to zoom out to filmstrip mode where photos can be deleted by swiping up and down.

Notifications

Added actions to some notifications that can be taken directly from the notifications shade. Added capability to expand and collapse email and text notifications by pinching fingers, in order to view more or less information.

Wi-Fi Hotspot

Added capability to support mobile hotspot for improved performance.

Chrome Browser

New Chrome Browser provides multi-tabbed web surfing with the world's most popular browser.

--- Dan

Options

21 Posts

08-06-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 110

2013-03-14, 20:03 PM

I hope Jelly bean brings back In-Pocket Detection!  I really miss it, as it was removed with ICS.

I also hope that JB will help with the stability of the phone.  If i leave my D4 on for a few days, it will start slowing down, and a bunch of apps will force close.  rebooting the phone will let me go for another day or two.  (2 of my firends with D4's also have this issue as well)

Options

20 Posts

08-06-2012

United States of America

19 Signins

241 Page Views

• Views: 241
  • Message 44 of 110

2013-03-14, 20:35 PM

Yep i do get the same problem.
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 45 of 110

2013-03-15, 11:41 AM

null

I hope Jelly bean brings back In-Pocket Detection!  I really miss it, as it was removed with ICS.

I also hope that JB will help with the stability of the phone.  If i leave my D4 on for a few days, it will start slowing down, and a bunch of apps will force close.  rebooting the phone will let me go for another day or two.  (2 of my firends with D4's also have this issue as well)

View original

I haven't seen in-pocket detection on other Motorola phones with Jelly Bean installed on them.  Anytime rebooting a phone restores the function(s) on a phone that most likely means that there is at least one third party application that is the source of the problem.  Motorola recommends turning our phones off and back on at least one time a day to ensure they run optimally.  If you haven't performed a global cache clearing using an app such an "App Cache Cleaner" I recommend starting with that and also performing a forced reboot on your phone by concurrently depressing the power on button and the volume down button for approximately 10 seconds.  You can also put your phone into safe mode to see if any of the problems no longer exist, if so, there is a third party application that is the source of the problem.    --- Dan

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 110

2013-03-15, 11:44 AM

null

Yep i do get the same problem.

View original

Are you referring to the phone slowing down with force closes?    --- Dan

Options

139 Posts

05-06-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 47 of 110

2013-03-15, 11:48 AM
Good morning Dan, I know this is a Google issue more than Motorola but the new browser Chrome. Played with it from the app store and not impressed, I prefer the old browser. Chrome is laggy and not as smooth looking as browser and am hoping Google brings it back in the play store if they truly plan on replacing it permanently.
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 110

2013-03-15, 12:14 PM

null

Good morning Dan, I know this is a Google issue more than Motorola but the new browser Chrome. Played with it from the app store and not impressed, I prefer the old browser. Chrome is laggy and not as smooth looking as browser and am hoping Google brings it back in the play store if they truly plan on replacing it permanently.View original

Good morning.  From what I have observed, the apps that have come natively installed on the phones most times are not made available again if they conflict with Google's interests.  The good news is that there are other browsers out there that are very good, "Dolphin" being one of them (which supports Flash) as well as a much lesser known browser "Maxthon", which also support Flash.     --- Dan

Options

86 Posts

05-23-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 49 of 110

2013-03-15, 16:56 PM

How do you download "Dolphin"? Will it mess up any Android phone like HD Maxx Razr?

Options

139 Posts

05-06-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 50 of 110

2013-03-15, 16:59 PM
Search for it in the play store, shouldn't mess anything up but it's a third party app so do keep that in mind
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms