Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID 4 by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

59 Posts

08-19-2011

Chicago

36 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 1 of 6

No Sim Card reported in error - no voice

2012-10-01, 13:34 PM

This just started happenieng. I go to use the phone for a call and I see two reported red bar errors at the top line: No Sim Card and no Bars. I reboot to clear it; however, this is a repeating situation. I get no warning of when it "drops". The last time was on the charger, overnight.

I will be taking to the Verizon store but wonder if anyone knows of this and how to fix. I am at the latest version of software.

THX

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: No Sim Card reported in error - no voice

2012-10-01, 14:56 PM

It sounds as though your SIM card is no longer fully seated in it's socket or it has become defective.  Power down your phone, remove the battery back, lift up the rubber shroud that covers your SIM card and carefully remove your SIM card.  Now gently reinsert the card.  I would also like for you to carefully remove your microSDHC card, in order to do this the SIM card rubber shroud must be lifted.  Now carefully replace your microSDHC card.  Replace the battery back, power up the phone and see if you still get the same error message.  If not, your phone is now working correctly.  If you get the same error message, there is one other thing you can try and that is a "forced reboot".  With your phone turned on, concurrently depress the power on button and the volume down button for approximately 10 seconds.  In the first few seconds your phone will take a screen shot and then it will reboot.  After it has rebooted, please check to see if your phone is now working correctly.  If the phone still displays the error message, contact Veriozn and have them supply you a SIM card or have them replace the card for you.      --- Dan

Options

36 Posts

07-26-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2012-10-01, 15:43 PM

I experienced this also yesterday. I restarted it also and it was fine. Hasn't happened again since.

Options

59 Posts

08-19-2011

Chicago

36 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 4 of 6

2012-10-01, 20:04 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add that I went to a Verizon store where they re-seated the SIM card. It still failed. I just had the SIM card replaced and will let you know if that fixes the problem.

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2012-10-01, 20:07 PM

JWL said:

Sorry, I forgot to add that I went to a Verizon store where they re-seated the SIM card. It still failed. I just had the SIM card replaced and will let you know if that fixes the problem.

View original

I hope the new SIM card takes care of your problem...should it not, there are other trouble shooting options we can explore.    --- Dan

Options

2 Posts

07-08-2013

United States

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 6

2013-07-08, 18:51 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I just got this problem the day before yesterday. I have tried re-seating the SIM, I even tried completely replacing the SIM (the store gave me a new one) and it still fails. It's completely random how long it takes, sometimes it boots and fails immediately, sometimes it lives several hours. I actually think it's due (at least in part) to the extreme heat & humidity we've been having here the last week or two, because it seems to work longer if I keep it inside in the A/C ... but that's not always the case, it will die even indoors.

Any other ideas? I think I'm going to have to have the manufacturer's warrenty invoked and have them send me a new one... but I HATE rebuilding phones :(

Thanks in advance!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms