Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lem
What's DOS?
Views: 31,137
Message 1 of 10

stuck on emergency calls only

Help!

I can receive calls but I can only make emergency calls. How do I switch it back to normal?

Thank you

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 10

Re: stuck on emergency calls only

Do you know what triggered this?  Did you dial 911?  Are you out of range for the VZN service area?

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Lem
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

I did not make an emergency call. I do not know what triggered the phone to go into this mode.

Thanks

Lem
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 10

Also, I'm not out of range. Do you know how to get it back to normal?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 10

Would you do this please?

Power down for 5 min.  Then power back up.  Did this fix it?

If not, go into menu>>>settings>>>about phone>>>status.  What does it say under "service state?"  It should say "in service."

• If not in service, then it means your phone is not registered on the VZN network.

You can try to rectify this from your device by updating your profile.  

• Go into menu>>>setttings>>>about phone>>>system updates>>>update profile

If this does not work, then you will have to call in to VZN to fix this.

Let us know if any of these steps resolve your issue, and if so, which step worked.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
Lem
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

Thanks so much. Powering down did the trick. I just got the phone and I'm learning more each day.  I really appreciate that you cared to answer so quickly!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 10

Lem said:

Hi,

Thanks so much. Powering down did the trick. I just got the phone and I'm learning more each day.  I really appreciate that you cared to answer so quickly!

Awesome!

Glad powering down for 5 min worked for you.  Sometimes little glitches happen.  Powering down long enough so that all residual power dissipates can often fix some of these glitches.  Powering down on a daily basis (a few minutes is all it takes) is also a good idea--gives your device a fresh start, clears the cache, and stops potential runaway apps.

Enjoy your D4! Smiley Happy

fromtexas1
Paper Tape
Views: 25,098
Message 8 of 10

I have the same problem. My Motorola Atrix 2 on AT&T suddenly got stuck on emergency calls only (see photo below). I can receive phone calls and make emergency calls only. None of the touch button will work except number key. I cannot get into setting menu or any other pages. It got stuck on this emergency calls only page. Puling battery, removing sim card, remove memory card, and soft reset won't work. Upon reset, the emergency page re-appears. I don't want to do hard reset because I don't want to lose the large number of contacts for business. Any help?

Emergency-call-page.jpg 

natbastidas
What's DOS?
Views: 207
Message 9 of 10

Did you find any solution? I hope you can see this message

Highlighted
natbastidas
What's DOS?
Views: 206
Message 10 of 10

@fromtexas1 wrote:

I have the same problem. My Motorola Atrix 2 on AT&T suddenly got stuck on emergency calls only (see photo below). I can receive phone calls and make emergency calls only. None of the touch button will work except number key. I cannot get into setting menu or any other pages. It got stuck on this emergency calls only page. Puling battery, removing sim card, remove memory card, and soft reset won't work. Upon reset, the emergency page re-appears. I don't want to do hard reset because I don't want to lose the large number of contacts for business. Any help?

Emergency-call-page.jpg 

Did you find any solution? I hope you can see this message