Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID BIONIC™ by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

267 Posts

11-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 21 of 48

Re: Moving from Droid X to Bionic, Any Thoughts?

2012-02-28, 19:56 PM

Yes, as are many others.  I think that what you saw was that 902 improved the drops and people were so upset over the drops that it put a bandaid of sorts on the problem for a while.  Now I am starting to see the issues and complaints rise again as the update did what it could, but not enough.

Options

113 Posts

01-10-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 22 of 48

2012-02-28, 20:01 PM

customer22 said:

Yes, as are many others.  I think that what you saw was that 902 improved the drops and people were so upset over the drops that it put a bandaid of sorts on the problem for a while.  Now I am starting to see the issues and complaints rise again as the update did what it could, but not enough.

Thanks - this is definitely food for thought!  I really don't want to go through another year of what I put up with on my Droid X.  That was totally frustratimg!

Options

267 Posts

11-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 23 of 48

2012-02-28, 20:07 PM

the_chemist said:

customer22 said:

Thanks - this is definitely food for thought!  I really don't want to go through another year of what I put up with on my Droid X.  That was totally frustratimg!

I really hate to be the voice of negativism for you but I sure wish that I had found more honest posts about the phone before I bought it.  I have noticed that people really want to love what they have invested their money in.  It just seems to be human nature, especially with cell phones which you are stuck with for a couple of years.  I just wish that I had been able to read, or had taken the time to read maybe, more of the information about this phone before I bought it.

Options

258 Posts

05-13-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 24 of 48

2012-02-28, 20:51 PM

Now on the positive side I have had nothing but positive experience with the Bionic since the update.  No data drops no 3g drops and no bsod.  I strongly suggest you use the full or close to the full 15 days to really test it.  Look at other sites as well.  You will find more negativity here due to people come here for help as they have problems with the phone.  I feel as well as I see most on this tread feel the Bionic is a good phone and you should enjoy it to the max.  Just saying.

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 25 of 48

2012-02-28, 21:07 PM

the_chemist said:

Thanks to all who have taken the time to offer their experience with the Bionic. It arrived here at work a little over 3 hours ago. It's over in the lab still in the shipping box. I can't wait to activate it when I get home tonight. I'll keep you all posted with my thoughts on the Bionic.

Please keep us updated on your personal experiences with your new phone, congratulations!     --- Dan

Options

113 Posts

01-10-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 26 of 48

2012-02-28, 21:48 PM

I'll definitely keep all of you posted on how well the Bionic works out for me.  So far, I am very impressed.  At work today I had a -91dbm signal level on 4G.  The Bionic still held on to the signal.  In fact with SpeedTest.net, I was getting 25 Mbps down and 18 Mbps up with that poor of a signal.  

Call quality is very good.  The sound in the earpiece is very warm and of adequate volume.  I took the phone off of the charger at 5:20 am and it is now 4:50 pm.  I still have 70% battery left being on 4G all day with moderate use.  That's encouraging.

Options

113 Posts

01-10-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 27 of 48

2012-02-29, 2:58 AM

customer22 said:

Dropped 4G this evening.

I was testing WiFi and had a constant connection for 2 complete hours surfing the web, checking email with no issues.  Used WPA2 encryption.  Buffalo WZR-HP-300NH router with DD-WRT firmware.  

I thought that was enough for WiFi testing now, so I turned WiFi off.  At this point I got my usual 2 bars of signal here at home with the 4G LTE in the status bar.  The 4G and signal bars were white in color not blue.  I went to SpeedTest.net for a check and got a message "no data connection".  Ok, this reminds me of my Droid X.   I tried a few more times and still got no 4G data connection.  I checked the signal strength and it was at -51 dbm.  The phone apparently was receiving 4G but just wouldn't work.  

I set the Bionic to CDMA only.  Got a blue 3G and signal bars in the status bar and could again use data.  I set the Bionic back to CDMA/LTE and got a white 4G and signal bars in the status bar and again lost data connectivity.  At this point I thought a simple on/off toggle of airplane mode would reclaim use of 4G, since the Bionic was showing that I was receiving 4G.  It did not.  I still had no data connection on 4G.  At this point I power cycled the Bionic.  When it booted back up, once again I got a white 4G and signal bars with no data connectivity.  The next step was a power down and battery pull.  After the battery pull and reboot the blue 4G and signal bars were back and I had data connectivity on 4G.  

So within the first 24 hours of use I did indeed lose 4G and had to do a battery pull to get it back.  Not something that I would want to deal with on a daily basis.  I'm really disappointed!

Options

267 Posts

11-26-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 28 of 48

2012-02-29, 4:20 AM

Look at the positive side though.  You are finding out in the return period.  I waited for the update and lost the return period.  So you are still good.

Options

258 Posts

05-13-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 29 of 48

2012-02-29, 4:28 AM
 @the chemist
That is truly disappainting. One hint is to. Make sure your battery mode is set to performance mode.
Options

16 Posts

03-09-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 30 of 48

2012-02-29, 5:53 AM
 i have both. The Droid X is a work phone and the Bionic is my personal phone. I love my Bionic, even though as others said here, I too had some early issues. The current software release appears to me to have solved most of the issues I had with the phone. Battery life is much improved. I'm very happy with the phone. I expect to keep this phone for quite a long run.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms