11-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: My Bionic Issues

2011-11-22, 19:54 PM
  1. I've only noticed this while holding in my hand.  I mainly use it when it's sitting on my desk dock, but it seems to work ok.  I'll try further testing with that.
  2. Thanks.
  3. "
  4. To clarify, you can move them, just not in bulk.
  5. True,  I've tried a few different apps, but the one's I've tried so far seem too bulky and tinker with other settings.
  6. Correct.  I'll select the setting box, go out, come back in, it's still checked.  I'll even reboot, come back in and it's checked.  I'll plug it in to the charger, seems like it usually will stay awake, then possibly later the same day, I'll plug it in again, and it will sleep in a couple minutes.  I go back in to check the setting, and the box is no longer selected. I concluded that maybe after I plug it in once and unplug it, it will do that, but I was wrong.  In one single day, I somehow managed to select the check box  in the morning, plug it in a couple different times, set it on my desk dock, put it in my car dock, connect to PC mode via USB, also tried Charge only via USB to my PC, and every half hour or so inbetween all this testing, I kept checking the setting, and it was fine.  Lef the phone alone for a couple hours unplugged, didn't even look at the phonne and when I came and got it, I turned it on and plugged it in, and after 2 minutes, it went to sleep.  So I'm mystified.
  7. This is similar to item 6, but I think it has fixed itself.  I'll try to verify.
Options

15 Posts

11-17-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 12 of 14

2011-11-22, 20:09 PM

The ability to view Corporate Email Sent items is being worked on.  A third-party applications such as Touchdown has shown to provide this capability in the meantime.  As for Exchange Contact photo sync, it is not supported at this time.  Both however, can be accomplished when using Gmail.  When you select "Go to label" within a Gmail account you can open the Sent label and view items sent from that account.  Photos associated to Gmail and some Social Networking sites can be synced automatically or you can add them manually.  The following FAQ can help you designate one of those accounts as your photo source for Contacts:  Change picture source for contacts

Thank you for time.

MOTO_T

Options

86 Posts

11-17-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 13 of 14

2011-11-22, 20:18 PM

I used to use Touchdown on my OG Droid.  I read that it was not compatible with Bionic.  (Not sure if it's the phone itself, or gingerbread, but I tested it last month, and it didn't work very well.  It didn't bring my calendar over, and only synced about 15 contacts.

I realize that Gmail contact photos work, but my problem is that I have 35 personal gmail contacts, but 237 corporate sync contacts from Outlook for my business.  I can not merge my business contacts from Outlook to my personal Gmail account. So that doesn't help.

I have associated contact pictures for all of my 237 contacts.  Some are actual photos, while most are my customers and suppliers company logos.  This way when I get a call, I can easily glance at my phone to see who's calling.  Worked fine on Touchdown with my OG droid, but no such luck with the Bionic corporate sync.  I would prefer to use the corporate sync app because it's simple, and does just about everything I need, except for the things I've discussed in this thread.

I am not into social networking at all, No facebook, no twitter, no anything.  And even if I was, it still wouldn't solve my business contacts.

Thanks for your input though.  It's highly appreciated!

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 14 of 14

2011-12-14, 22:10 PM

truefangz wrote:

Just an update regardng my OTA update.  The only one of my issues that appears to have been fixed is when I set the phone to "stay awake" (settings, applications, development) randomly quite often, it will revert and be unchecked.

I got my OTA on Monday night 12/12.  Since then, my stay awake check box has been checked the whole time and hasn't unchecked itself.

Other than that, all the other issues I posted are still occurring.

Luckily, I have never been cursed with a BSOD on this phone ever.  I never turn my phone off, so I can't confirm automatic power ups either.

I did notice however, that when using the camera and camcorder, the screen will hic-up and turn black for a second or two.  And this does effect the video I recorder.  when I playback the video, the black screen flash has been recorded.  That's not too cool.

Thank you for the update.  The brief black screen that is being recorded on both the camera and camcorder seem peculiar.  if you haven't  performed a battery pull of one minute or longer, I recommend that first, if you still have the problem after that, can you please put your phone into safe mode, as described here and advise us if the camera/camcorder are still recording the brief black screen. If the black screen recording is now gone, you have a third party application as the source of your problem.   Any feedback greatly appreciated.   --- Dan

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete