Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID BIONIC™ by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 110

Re: jelly bean soak test for bionic

2013-04-04, 22:16 PM

brian1264 said:

DansDroid said:

Duckster said:

DansDroid said:

bionical said:

I'm hoping this update goes much better than the ICS update which caused all sorts of problems for me.  It wasn't until I had to swap out my Bionic due to an insurance claim that I realized that it was my original hardware/firmware that was causing the issues.  The factory-reconditioned one must have been updated and I was able to get working in order as it was intended to be--smoothly.

View original

Ice Cream Sandwich was a new OS, Jelly Bean is an update, I really don't expect any surprises except for some people who may be running third party applications that the developer has not coded compliant to the latest Google API.     --- Dan

View original

Dan, do you think that a FDR will be necessary for the "update" rather than just for the OS?  I have been looking for a credible "improvement  list" but can't seem to find one...any recommendations so that I can see the new changes/updates that are supposedly coming?

Thx

View original

I personally have never performed a FDR on any of my several Motorola Android smart phones over the years prior to either an update or the installation of a new OS and I've never had a problem using this method.  While overall FDR's are certainly beneficial, I'll go a bit further and say that unless a person's phone is having existing problems that have not been resolved prior to the new update that they have no reason to perform a factory data reset.   Our forum manager, Matt also has used this methodology successfully, if I recall correctly, he also has not performed a factory data reset prior to an update.      --- Dan

EDIT:  I have not yet seen the official change log for the Bionic running Jelly Bean, sorry for that omission in my original post.  I can tell you that the major change is the inclusion of "Google Now". 

View original

I have never done an FDR either for an update on any of my Motorola Android phones in the past. I usually install the update and then do a cache wipe, but the cache wipe is not a necessity

View original

I also have never performed a system (Dalvik) cache wipe on my phones after an update, again FWIW.      --- Dan

Options

15 Posts

02-02-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 110

2013-04-04, 22:22 PM

i was part of the ics update soak test hope i get to be part of the jelybean too. does anyone know how they choose you

Options

12299 Posts

11-19-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 110

2013-04-04, 22:30 PM

string1702 said:

i was part of the ics update soak test hope i get to be part of the jelybean too. does anyone know how they choose you

View original

If all of your information is correct on your profile (and you are a forum member in good standing) and your MEID information is correct and the MFN information is accurate you may have an opportunity to participate in a soak test, but there are no guarantees.    --- Dan

Options

1799 Posts

08-22-2010

United States of America

221 Signins

3080 Page Views

• Views: 3080
  • Message 44 of 110

2013-04-04, 22:55 PM

LownIgnitus said:

I as well am looking forward to JB on my Bionic. I am wondering how it is going to perform as, if i remember right, the Bionic has the very Minimal hardware needed to support the OS.

I have been using it for some time now on my MAXX HD and love it. My wife recently got force updated to it on her Droid 4 and still hasn't transitioned fully and dislikes a few things. But she loves using chrome now.

Ive also been running JB on my Nook HD+... but cant talk too much about that. I will say its very nice on a tablet system.

So over all i have certain expectations for what JB can and cant do and am looking forward to seeing how the bionic deals with that.  It hsould be interesting to play with  in the future.

View original

If I am wrong I am sure someone with more knowledge will correct me but I believe the Bionic is fully capapable of handling JB with the exception of the NFC chip.  I think we will have a very solid build, a fitting addition to the Bionic for what will most likely be its last OS upgrade.

Lew

Options

3 Posts

11-15-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 45 of 110

2013-04-05, 3:15 AM

Im excited to see how things go on this...

Options

23 Posts

09-27-2012

United States

18 Signins

229 Page Views

• Views: 229
  • Message 46 of 110

2013-04-05, 15:01 PM

Im excited about getting JB, my son has it on his Razr and has had no issues.

Options

93 Posts

01-13-2012

United States of America

12 Signins

218 Page Views

• Views: 218
  • Message 47 of 110

2013-04-06, 3:02 AM

LownIgnitus said:

I as well am looking forward to JB on my Bionic. I am wondering how it is going to perform as, if i remember right, the Bionic has the very Minimal hardware needed to support the OS.View original

The Bionic is far from minimal.  If you wanted minimal, I would cite the HTC Thunderbolt (single-core CPU, 768MB of RAM) as the most minimal system in the Android 4.x community.

The Droid Bionic is extremely similar in hardware in most ways to the Droid RAZR.  Same processor (dual-core TI OMAP 4430), and with the ICS upgrade, most are running at 1.2GHZ, same as the RAZR.  Same RAM (1GB).  Biggest difference is the removable battery.

In fact, the Bionic and RAZR are fairly close to another vendor's competing phone - the Galaxy Nexus.  See below:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-DROID-BIONIC,Motorola-DROID-RAZR,Samsung-GALAXY-Nexus-CDMA/phones/5306,6026,6135

The second two phones are already running Jelly Bean just fine, and as similar as they are, the Bionic should do well.  In fact, due to Project Butter, Jelly Bean should theoretically have better performance than Ice Cream Sandwich before it.

Options

2 Posts

06-20-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 110

2013-04-06, 3:46 AM

Im ready to get soaked! 

Options

9 Posts

10-13-2012

United States of America

27 Signins

327 Page Views

• Views: 327
  • Message 49 of 110

2013-04-06, 13:58 PM

^^  me too

Options

247 Posts

06-15-2012

United States of America

23 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 50 of 110

2013-04-07, 3:09 AM
Has anyone noticed a sudden silence in the forum? Soak test underway?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms