Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suthernthang
What's DOS?
Views: 1,012
Message 1 of 10

Astro File Manager

I can create folder in Astro and I move pics in the folders, but the folders I created do  not show up in my Gallery but the pics are there, just not in folders. I have over 1,000 pics and I have to scroll to find what I want. I had no problem in my old droid. Can you even do this in the Bionic? In Astro, I go under /mnt/sdcard-ext/DCIM/Camera and this is where my pics show up and this is where I created my folders that do not show up in my gallery. Any help is appreciated.

suthernthang
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 10

Re: Astro File Manager

I can create folder in Astro and I move pics in the folders, but the folders I created do  not show up in my Gallery but the pics are there, just not in folders. I have over 1,000 pics and I have to scroll to find what I want. I had no problem in my old droid. Can you even do this in the Bionic? In Astro, I go under /mnt/sdcard-ext/DCIM/Camera and this is where my pics show up and this is where I created my folders that do not show up in my gallery. Any help is appreciated.

suthernthang
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 10

Thanks! I downloaded QuickPic but you have to be in that app to sort the pics how you want them. The Gallery still stays the same. I may end up using QuickPic but is there anyway to put folders in the Gallery?

Administrator
Administrator
Message 4 of 10

I think my answer to a similar question in the RAZR community might help. It's a little long and maybe more than what you want, but here it is:

You can access your photos from your PC by connecting via USB cable.  Choose "USB Mass Storage" as the connection method, using the menu that  will in your notification bar pull-down after you connect the cable. The  photos will be in a folder called dcim > camera. It could be on your  SD card or on the RAZR memory, depending on how yours is set up. To set  where your photos are stored, open your camera and open the settings to  find Storage Location.

To store pics in folders on the RAZR:

1. Open your Gallery and go to Camera Roll.
  2. Go to Menu and choose Select multiple.
  3. Check the pictures you want to move to an album
  4. Go to Menu > Add to album.
  5. You  will have the option to create a new album or add to an existing album.  Depending on how your device is set up, you may see folders on your  Facebook page or other off-phone locations as options. If you create a  new one you will get the option to name it, tag it etc.

There  are also options to move individual pics to albums or to multiple  albums. It's pretty cool what you can do. For example, take a bunch of  family pictures on your phone and move them to an album on the phone.  Then take some of those pictures from that album and move them to a  Facebook album, which will automatically upload them.

However!  Albums are not folders. They won't show up on your PC as a folder when  you connect. So if you want to make folders of photos on your device,  try this.

1. Go into your app tray and open the Files app.
  2. Find your dcim > camera folder, either on your SD card or in Internal phone storage.
  3. Go to Menu > New folder and create the folder you want.
  4. Go  to Menu again and choose Select multiple. Check the photos you want to  move to your folder and then select Move from the menu that will show at  the bottom of the screen.
  5. Choose your newly-created folder (or any existing folder) and the pictures will move.

These folders will show up when you connect to your PC.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
alodar01
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 10

i just tested this.  it works on my Bionic.  To be sure, pics sitting on my sd card were moved to a new folder on my sd card.  folder was created by astro, and pics were moved by astro.  going to test internal to external now

update:  worked nicely with internal to sd card.

my steps

in astro, navigate tofolder with pics.

select pics, either individually or using multi

when selected' use either long touch or the astro menu Move.

navigate to destination folder.

open folder

using long touch or astro menu Paste.

open gallery.  pictures should still display.

alodar01
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 10

hmmm...sorry about that, we have a bump.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 10

suthernthang wrote:

Thanks! I downloaded QuickPic but you have to be in that app to sort the pics how you want them. The Gallery still stays the same. I may end up using QuickPic but is there anyway to put folders in the Gallery?

You're welcome.  I think Matt has the solution to your question, but I'm happy to hear you also like "QuickPic"...I use both of them ("QuickPic" and "JustPictures") and they make viewing pictures faster and more convenient (to me, at any rate).    --- Dan

suthernthang
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 10

Thank you, I tried and it makes the albums. Is it supposed to still leave the pics in the gallery though? It left all the pics there but it still let me transfer to the albums at the same time. Is it supposed to be that? Just making sure.

Fasjjuy
Paper Tape
Message 9 of 10

ASTRO File Manager can help transfer and backup all files from android , including text messages,contacts,photos,videos,app etc from Android phone to computer.When you can find files ,you can use it transfer data,files to computer.

Govern your thoughts when alone, and your tongue when in company.
http://www.samsung-messages-backup.com/
Abhi68
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 10

Get a good photos app and remember to backup data.