Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT_Fella
What's DOS?
Views: 1,551
Message 1 of 26

Buh-Bye Bionic...hello MAXX

Just got off the phone with a VZW supervisor, and am getting my Bionic replaced with a RAZR MAXX tomorrow. Costing me $100.00...better than the initial $150.00+ they wanted...but I absolutely have to have a reliable phone for work, and this Bionic has become completely unuseable in the past week.

Constant crashes & continual re-boots while working, are driving me crazy. I have done multiple soft reboots, hard reboots, removed the SIM card & rebooted, etc...etc. Nothing has stopped this from turning it into an expensive paperweight. Had to go back to my reliable LG envTouch, until the MAXX arrives tomorrow.

Don't like having a phone without a repalceable battery, but hoping the MAXX gets me through my day on a single charge. I'll find out very soon.

So it's onto the MAXX forum...to see just how much fun the kids are having over there! wink

804hokie
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 26

Re: Buh-Bye Bionic...hello MAXX

I may have to follow suit, if I don't see an update very soon.  

Promises were made over a year ago that haven't been fulfilled. 

However, a satisfactory ICS release (and subsequent updates (i.e. JB)) would likely make me content on retaining my Bionic until it's time for a new phone.  The Droid Razr HD Maxx intrigues me. 

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 26

Based upon forum member feedback on the Droid Razr Maxx battery life, I believe you are going to very pleased.   --- Dan

huff825
802.11n
Message 4 of 26

You will be happy, ICS is an awsome OS, and actually having data all the time is very nice too.

ak110707
Token Ring
Message 5 of 26

They never let me get a Maxx I have argued through 4 replacement bionics. Good for you man, enjoy a better phone. As for the bionic, I have nothing but buyers remorse and regret.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 26

You will like the battery life. Today I had very light use. I took the charger off at 10 AM, had a few texts, a few Emails, 2 or 3 short calls and a little bit of web browsing. It is now 2 AM and I am at 80% battery. I do however have it in Airplane mode while I am at work, sans breaks. That does increase battery life a lot.

I love my Razr. It has been my favorite Droid since the OG Droid. You will definitely be happy with it.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

IT_Fella
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 26

ak110707 said:

They never let me get a Maxx I have argued through 4 replacement bionics. Good for you man, enjoy a better phone. As for the bionic, I have nothing but buyers remorse and regret.

View original

Sorry to hear that, but it probably helped big time that the University I work for is a major customer of VZW. This is my phone, not the University's, but I get a substantial discount on the basic account for being an employee...and I have two other personal phones on my VZW account.

I told them I am the IT department for my school (it's a one man operation!), and I required a reliable phone in order to perform my work for the University, and that this Bionic had become totally unreliable in the past week. I initally spoke with a first level Tech, who did not have any authority to make the exchange, so I politely asked to speak with his supervisor, or manager, about the matter. Explained the same things to the supervisor, told him that I knew VZW had done exchanges of Bionics for RAZR Maaxs from visiting both VZW & Motorola user forums, and did not want another Bionic. After a slight bit of negotiation on the cost, he approved it, and the Maxx is currently on a FedEx truck for delivery to my home later today.

Give them another call if you are having the kind of problem I was having. Be nice...be civil...ask to speak with a supervisor, or manager, and they might just take pity on you and give you what you want. Good luck.

huff825
802.11n
Message 8 of 26

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I called politely many times until I got the "right" person who exchanged my Bionic with the RAZR MAXX, no charge to me, overnight shipping and no change from my unlimited data contract.  It may take a few calls, but eventually you will get to someone to help out with very little to no out of pocket costs.  Good luck.  The MAXX is a very good phone.  All indications are that the Bionic will be every bit as good when ICS arrives, but obviously we have no idea when that may occur.  I decided not to keep waiting and am happy with that decision so far.  I loved my Bionic and if ICS had been released on schedule, I would still have it and be happy.

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 26

huff825 said:

You will be happy, ICS is an awsome OS, and actually having data all the time is very nice too.

View original

Yes indeed it is...I wish the default UI background color choices were different in some areas, but other than that it's powerful and there's  "buttons, many buttons, not just one button"  smiley   --- Dan

IT_Fella
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 26

DansDroid said:

Based upon forum member feedback on the Droid Razr Maxx battery life, I believe you are going to very pleased.   --- Dan

View original

Had the RAZR Maax for almost a week now, and yes, the battery life is impressive. Not too keen on the black background/colored text on most of the UI, but that is liveable. I do make sure I have a charging cord with me at all times now, however.

Now...if only VZW would turn on the 4g LTE in my area, I'd be very happy. Been all around me for nearly a year...have no idea of why it isn't on here...and neither do the Customer Service folks. Oh well...at least I have a workable phone once again.

And by the way...was told that it would cost me $100.00 for the swap. Ended up getting charged nothing. smiley