Did you mean: 
DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 897
Message 11 of 26

Re: Buh-Bye Bionic...hello MAXX

IT_Fella said:

DansDroid said:

Based upon forum member feedback on the Droid Razr Maxx battery life, I believe you are going to very pleased.   --- Dan

View original

Had the RAZR Maax for almost a week now, and yes, the battery life is impressive. Not too keen on the black background/colored text on most of the UI, but that is liveable. I do make sure I have a charging cord with me at all times now, however.

Now...if only VZW would turn on the 4g LTE in my area, I'd be very happy. Been all around me for nearly a year...have no idea of why it isn't on here...and neither do the Customer Service folks. Oh well...at least I have a workable phone once again.

And by the way...was told that it would cost me $100.00 for the swap. Ended up getting charged nothing. smiley

View original

Thanks for the feedback, IT_Fella.  The one thing that does not suit my tastes (and eyesight) with ICS is something we apparently share, the background/colored text which makes what used to be considerably more clear less so running ICS.    --- Dan

brian1264
802.11n
Message 12 of 26

IT_Fella said:

DansDroid said:

Based upon forum member feedback on the Droid Razr Maxx battery life, I believe you are going to very pleased.   --- Dan

View original

Had the RAZR Maax for almost a week now, and yes, the battery life is impressive. Not too keen on the black background/colored text on most of the UI, but that is liveable. I do make sure I have a charging cord with me at all times now, however.

Now...if only VZW would turn on the 4g LTE in my area, I'd be very happy. Been all around me for nearly a year...have no idea of why it isn't on here...and neither do the Customer Service folks. Oh well...at least I have a workable phone once again.

And by the way...was told that it would cost me $100.00 for the swap. Ended up getting charged nothing. smiley

View original

I am int he same boat as far as 4G LTE goes. I live in this little 8 square mile city right on the edge of 2 major cities. I have 4G all around me but just not in my 8 little square miles. The reason is my city has a huge approval process where once new towers etc... are requested, there is a dormant period for the people that live here to object to the new building etc... The signs have been up for 3 months now asking for objections or feedback so sometime in the next 3 months we will either get approval or denial for the towers to be built. Then however long it takes to build the towers.

Verizon has committed in writing their $g site to have 100% coverage by the end of the year.

As far as the Maxx goes, my son has one and loves it. I borrow it from time to time to see how I will like it and ICS, and usually when I get ahold of it I dont want to give it back. Never come close to draining it.

koolade2
Token Ring
Message 13 of 26

Well my Bionic decided to take a deep swim yesterday and now Assurion is going to replace it with a Regular Raza as they have no Bonic's in house and they are no longer produced.  I was so waiting for ICS for it.  Its like a Kid on Christmas moring waiting for that train and only getting a truck.   Tried to get a Maxx but no go very upset they didn't have any Bonic's.

koolade2
Token Ring
Message 14 of 26

I have an extended battery with little use and the cover, not on phone when it went swimming.  First Phone I had that never came back to life after taking the deep dive.    Note to self don't cradle phone on sholdier when raining and walking in and around puddles carry stuff.

So if you want the battery, I no use for it.  Just pay for shipping.

koolade2
Token Ring
Message 15 of 26

to add to the above stuff I have that I no longer need.  Car Dock  Standard Home Dock

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 16 of 26

koolade2 said:

Well my Bionic decided to take a deep swim yesterday and now Assurion is going to replace it with a Regular Raza as they have no Bonic's in house and they are no longer produced.  I was so waiting for ICS for it.  Its like a Kid on Christmas moring waiting for that train and only getting a truck.   Tried to get a Maxx but no go very upset they didn't have any Bonic's.

View original

Sorry to hear about the demise of your Bionic.  Are you positive that the motherboard on the phone has completely and thoroughly dried?  While I personally prefer desiccant to dry out any electronic device that may have had moisture damage, putting the phone into a glass jar of rice tightly sealed works in some instances to "pull" out the moisture into the drying medium.   --- Dan

koolade2
Token Ring
Message 17 of 26

Left it in rice for more than 48 hours.  Not even a glimmer of life.  No lighing at all.  Smiley Sad

As I sit here I am getting ready to acative the Raza they sent me in replacement.   Now I also have a Maxx so I am really upset they would only do the regular Raza.  

DansDroid Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 18 of 26

koolade2 said:

Left it in rice for more than 48 hours.  Not even a glimmer of life.  No lighing at all.  Smiley Sad

As I sit here I am getting ready to acative the Raza they sent me in replacement.   Now I also have a Maxx so I am really upset they would only do the regular Raza.  

View original

It's possible that some of the LSI's were damaged from the water.  That said, I still would replace the rice and let it remain in there for as long as your patience will allow.  There have been occurrences that I have read about regarding water damaged phones seemingly coming back from the "dead" after an extended period of time.    --- Dan

rock819
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 26

I to am one of the lucky ones who got my bionic replaced with a razr maxx.  I like the maxx ok and for the most part it seems more reliable than my old bionic.  How ever I am still experiencing data drops from 4g to 3g and I have to reboot the maxx to get my 4g back.  My problem with this is I  will drop from 4g to 3g while standing or sitting in the same spot and I have tried clearing the cache.  Is this a phone issue or is this a network issue?   Any insight would be appreciated.   Thanks  Ken

Vegeta
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 26

DansDroid said:

koolade2 said:

View original

Sorry to hear about the demise of your Bionic.  Are you positive that the motherboard on the phone has completely and thoroughly dried?  While I personally prefer desiccant to dry out any electronic device that may have had moisture damage, putting the phone into a glass jar of rice tightly sealed works in some instances to "pull" out the moisture into the drying medium.   --- Dan

View original

My brother in law did the rice trick with his phone when he was kyaking (Sp?), and forgot to fully seal the airtight container, and it fixed his phone.