Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 46 (18 Views)

Definition of "Early Q3"

Not to seem juvenile, but if Q3 is three months long, then "early Q3" would be the 1st month of Q3. Else it is Mid Q3. Now, I'm not some mindless consumer. I am an R&D engineer, who's day-to-day consists of hardware and firmware/software. If I give an outline for a release date, my (edited profanity out) is grass, if I don't meet it. Come on Motorola, you are a leading company. I learned to program in assembly on one of your chipsets. You should have updated to Bionic like promised and in the timeline promised. If the update is not out by end of the day tomorrow, someone failed and should have their (edited profanity out) chewed for it.

Profanity has been removed.  Please be sure to review the house rules for more information on posting appropriately. 

Edited by joelbon — Comments removed due to violations of our forum rules. Questions? Read the rules.  

802.11n
Message 2 of 46 (18 Views)

Re: Definition of "Early Q3"

Not that I disagree, but that is exactly why they hardly ever put out dates. If they miss, people get mad, so they don't share update information. I share your definition, early quarter 3 would be now.
802.11n
Message 3 of 46 (18 Views)

As I tend to agree with you, if there is only early and late then technically they have tell august 14th just to send out emails to soak test as that signifies the start of the "beginning of ICS rollout"
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 46 (18 Views)

I was just curious where it was written where Motorola actually said "early third quarter".  After digging around a bit I can't find it.  Can you point me to where I can see where they said that?  I am new to this so I do not know all the information channels and would like to see for myself exactly what was said.

802.11n
Message 5 of 46 (18 Views)

I am on the mobile Site so you will have to copy/paste this link, sorry https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c this is the ICS update list
802.11n
Message 6 of 46 (18 Views)

Sorry that sideways picture was bugging me
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 46 (18 Views)

Thanks!  That sure looks pretty black and white to me.  Some of the others lead you to belive it is just "sometime" in the 3rd quarter but they actually said "early" for the Bionic.

802.11n
Message 8 of 46 (18 Views)

Ya and that was updated today!
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 46 (18 Views)

So Moto gets chewed up by people disappointed when they don't hit a published schedule. Of course, if Moto would give occasional updates as to what's going on, like "version xxx alpha'd, webtop launch problems" maybe, I don't know, someplace like here, owners who actually follow updates might be a little more understanding. Just a link to the Moto dev's progress log would be enough. You would think with MotoMobo not exactly being a cash cow somebody among the suits would realize that catering to the technophiles, who are the ones consulted when friends and family members are looking for a new phone, might not be the worst if ideas.
Token Ring
Message 10 of 46 (18 Views)

I agree, a status update would be nice. To be fare, none of the big companies seem to communicate with us little people. Why explain them selves to the people who pay there salaries?? I am just about done with Sammy, they are way worse than Moto. Kinda makes me think of those people who only call when they need something. augh!