Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davebwi
What's DOS?
Views: 2,151
Message 1 of 23

Did I get invited to a soak test?

Hello, I was curious if the testing of new software started, I was woried somehow I missed the e-mail

Thank you David

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 2 of 23

Re: Did I get invited to a soak test?

David-

There is currently no opportunity for your device. The update has been deployed to all users.

Only if you get an email have confirming that a Motorola Feedback Network opportunity will you know you've been selected. We don't send out anything to users who weren't selected. Always be very thorough with completing any interest opportunity survey. It's easy to get excluded just by not completing it properly. If you do get selected your participation in public areas will go to "view only" during a feedback opportunity. So be watching for opportunities in the future and sign up quickly.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
davebwi
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 23

OK Mark, Thanks for the info and reply

Dave

tomsky
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 23

i have registed to opt in to all test and updates but never recived anything is there a way to have and e-mail sent or a place to go to to get the soak test 

Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 23

tomsky said:

i have registed to opt in to all test and updates but never recived anything is there a way to have and e-mail sent or a place to go to to get the soak test 

Selected users get additional details via email if selected. If you don't get anything then you have to wait until the full roll out.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
tomsky
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 23

ok so you are saying if i did not recive the invite at this time they are not sending any more invites at this time is that correct?

Tucsonbenz
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 23

Mark:
I've been a Feedback person ever since Motorola starting utilizng the Soak method with my Droid X.  However; I received an e-mail and returned it the same day with the survey etc., however; I've received nothing?   So the soak is already in progress?  Thx 

jrickman
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 23

sad i opted in long ago and have owned your phones from the og droid,to the x, to x2 to the bionic, to the razr, have five phones in the family and have started making the swithch, daughter just went with the iphone, rest of famiy to follow on switching brands as we can,  followed all the requirements and received nothing inviting me to participate in the testing phase, last moto for me, to political (google, Verizon), to untrustworthy regarding whats stated and whats actually done, locked bootloaders., skeptical marketing on their phones, releasing the bionic before the software was ready and then rolling out with the razr that doesn't have enough battery to get me through a 1/4 of the day and then rolling out with the max that will get me through a workday,  all within a few months, tacky and driven only by sales and not customer need or satisfaction, holding us hostage on the 4.0.4 update for months, was told by Verizon it would be rolling out "very soon" when i purchased the phone that was 6 months ago, open source as long as it's Motorola's source, petitions, forum complaints, letters to moto, disgruntled customer base and still no apology, fix, or change in the way they do business, Verizon blames you, you blame Verizon, no one is to blame, leaving phones out that is less than a year old on on the update, poor business practice, been self employed for 30 years and if i ran my business the way you have i would be bankrupt! cant keep a customer base based on how you deceive and push market your phones to allow the next one out regardless of the bugs (bionic) say goodbye to another 3 year loyal customer, as well as my family, simple, do as you say, back what you put out and don't push your phones just to make that Christmas sale before their ready, make it truly open source which is what made the original droid so popular, not many complaints on that one, but can you say that on what followed, what changed on your end, again false promises, took away what was TRUE open source and started putting your sales before customer satisfaction, (razr and razr maxx), one mans thoughts!

Moto Emeritus
Message 9 of 23

tomsky said:

ok so you are saying if i did not recive the invite at this time they are not sending any more invites at this time is that correct?

We send invites to all users with registered products who have opted into MFN with that product, some users choose not to participate, fail to respond or have an incomplete response. Hopefully you can participate next time. In the mean time get participating. We will start limiting opportunities to users who have a known record of providing feedback. You can look compare your badge to the badges here to see your level of participation so far.

jrickman said:

sad i opted in long ago and have owned your phones from the og droid,to the x, to x2 to the bionic, to the razr, have five phones in the family and have started making the swithch, daughter just went with the iphone, rest of famiy to follow on switching brands as we can,  followed all the requirements and received nothing inviting me to participate in the testing phase, last moto for me, to political (google, Verizon), to untrustworthy regarding whats stated and whats actually done, locked bootloaders., skeptical marketing on their phones, releasing the bionic before the software was ready and then rolling out with the razr that doesn't have enough battery to get me through a 1/4 of the day and then rolling out with the max that will get me through a workday,  all within a few months, tacky and driven only by sales and not customer need or satisfaction, holding us hostage on the 4.0.4 update for months, was told by Verizon it would be rolling out "very soon" when i purchased the phone that was 6 months ago, open source as long as it's Motorola's source, petitions, forum complaints, letters to moto, disgruntled customer base and still no apology, fix, or change in the way they do business, Verizon blames you, you blame Verizon, no one is to blame, leaving phones out that is less than a year old on on the update, poor business practice, been self employed for 30 years and if i ran my business the way you have i would be bankrupt! cant keep a customer base based on how you deceive and push market your phones to allow the next one out regardless of the bugs (bionic) say goodbye to another 3 year loyal customer, as well as my family, simple, do as you say, back what you put out and don't push your phones just to make that Christmas sale before their ready, make it truly open source which is what made the original droid so popular, not many complaints on that one, but can you say that on what followed, what changed on your end, again false promises, took away what was TRUE open source and started putting your sales before customer satisfaction, (razr and razr maxx), one mans thoughts!

Registering your products is only half of it. We take the list of people with registered products and who have opted into MFN for that particular product and send them an interest survey when an opportunity comes about.  I looked up your display name/email address and don't show you as filling out either interest surveys for the two last opportunities for DROID RAZR. I know you got an invite on March 30th. Failing to fill out the interest survey would explain you not being included. Once you receive a opportunity interest survey it is first come first serve up to the required number of users with valid responses. Sorry for your frustration.

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Mose
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 23

I just hope you guys don't have the same issues with the next RAZR soak as with the 181 update. I'm sure it was as frustrating for you as for us. 

Anyway I'm looking forward to the ICS soak. Hope the 6/12 CNET rumor was credible. I guess we'll soon see.

I know this is the wrong place to post this but is there a reason I can't post comments from my phone's browser? I can read and otherwise navigate but I can't get the keyboard to pop up to comment.