Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wzrdman
Not applicable
Views: 3,506
Message 1 of 10

How do you turn off Caller ID

I can't figure it out...anyone point me to a way to do this?

on a motorola bionic

thanks.

DansDroid
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do you turn off Caller ID

Tap on your phone icon soft key, then tap on the menu soft key, then tap on settings > scroll down the list of options to "other call settings", you'll see, "caller id readout", tap that and check the option of your choice.    --- Dan

Wzrdman
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10

Thanks Dan.  I just tried calling my self and it doesn't block the incoming caller ID.  I played with it for a few minutes and this feature is to set how incoming calls are presented on your own phone - i.e., do you want it to ring only, present caller ID and then ring, etc.

joelbon
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10

I believe that the only way to actually turn it off is to call Verizon and have them turn it off in your account. That is a feature that they offer, kind of like voicemail and call forwarding. It is a carrier feature. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

joelbon
Not applicable
Message 5 of 10

Out of curiosity, why do you want it turned off? I find it very useful to have.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

thalgott3
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10

"I'll take Infidelity for $1000 Alex"

"The answer is a Daily Double!"

Wzrdman
Not applicable
Message 7 of 10

Ok, so I answered my own question.  I used *67 like I would a land line and it blocked the caller id. this may be carrier specific.  I'm on verizon.

Wzrdman
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10

@Joelbon, I'm in sales so sometimes the recipient chooses not to speak with me.  I'd prefer to speak to them.  caller ID block enables me to get through when sometimes I wouldn't otherwise.

joelbon
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

Wzrdman said:

@Joelbon, I'm in sales so sometimes the recipient chooses not to speak with me.  I'd prefer to speak to them.  caller ID block enables me to get through when sometimes I wouldn't otherwise.

View original

OK, now I understand. I was thinking the other way. You wanted to turn it off so that you couldn't see who was callling you. surprise It really didn't make sense to me. Silly me. I don't know why I was thinking that. lol

Rongwey
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10

Turning off outgoing Caller ID is also VERY useful for those times when some twit texts' saying they are one person when you know it's your son's skank of an ex-girlfriend and you want to call so you can hear the voice and text back "Busted bitch! Stop texting me!"