cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blklab49
What's DOS?
Views: 499
Message 1 of 7

Resolve notification AOL connection error? Fixed.

Over the past two days I began receiving a notification AOL "connection error".  I do not believe this is an issue with AOL since other devices are not having the same problem.  The tech folks at Verizon could not help resolving this.  I tried a battery pull and factory data reset but the notification continues.  Has anyone experienced this same issue  or any advice.      

wilsodw
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 7

Re: Resolve notification AOL connection error? Fixed.

Exact same problem, however several said it was AOL. I now use aol on the web and it is better except no notifications. I may call aol support later next week. I just saved the browser page as a favorite and created a short cut. Good Luck!

Blklab49
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

So my issue seems to be resolved.  I have not received the notification for twelve hours now.  ere's the steps I took.

1) Go to settings and remove the AOL account

2) Remove battery and wait at least five minutes before replacing and booting

3) Go to settings, accounts, add new account

4) Insert your aol sign on name and password

5) Unclick automatic and choose manual setup

6) Choose general check that sign on name is correct.  Click OK

7) Choose incoming server, select imap and input imap.aol.com, username and password are prepopulated.  Click advanced; type 993 for port use secure and verify should be checked.  Hit Ok hit OK

8) Choose outgoing server and input smtp.aol.com.  Hit advanced and input 465 for port.  Hit Ok hit OK

9) Select other settings.  I chose 25.

Done and enjoy

wilsodw
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try!

Drewbert
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Hi All. 

I decided to be lazy and try just removing the account, and then readding it allowing it to auto-configure, and that seems to have resolved the issue on my Droid 3 and my wife's as well. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Blklab49
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Drewbert said:

Hi All. 

I decided to be lazy and try just removing the account, and then readding it allowing it to auto-configure, and that seems to have resolved the issue on my Droid 3 and my wife's as well. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Glad the auto configure worked for you.  I tried the auto configure and although it seems to have worked, the issue came back.  Since doing the manual configure on 4/29, no issues to date.

Highlighted
donovanvalentin
What's DOS?
Views: 113
Message 7 of 7

It is really frustrating problem! Mostly user face problem with AOL desktop gold. AOL is not responding, stopped working, sign-in-issues and AOL connection error . It is a big problem how to fix these issues but you can fix network connection error to read AOL desktop troubleshooting guide.