cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,267
Message 21 of 32

Re: Screen won't turn on during phone call.

Can I get an update from the rest of you about how this is going? Anyone else using a screen protector or case that might be interfering? Is your screen clean?

Also, if you have used the suggestion from Joel to check your sensor and it tests poorly, let me know. You can also test it by making a call and then putting your hand over the upper half of the device to see if the screen comes on and off properly. (Won't work on speaker.)

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
proclus13
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 32

I thought I'd fixed this problem with the settings mentioned in my previous post.  Not so much.  I tried removing my screen protector this morning and discovered that there were actually TWO protectors layered due to a manufacturing error.  Double the thickness of normal, in other words.  I removed one of the layers and now the phone works fine.  So it could be the thickness of the protector makes a big difference.  

holafceja
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 32

I think I'm going to remove my screen protector and add another one. If the problem persists then its not my sensor.
holafceja
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 32

Ok guys I've been making calls all day and has not turned off once since I took off the screen protector. I think I have to live w/a scratched screen Smiley Sad
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 25 of 32

holafceja said:

Ok guys I've been making calls all day and has not turned off once since I took off the screen protector. I think I have to live w/a scratched screen Smiley SadView original

If you really want the screen protector than cut the protector off at the top so that it is under the Motorola name. This should keep it from interfering with the proximity sensor and still give your screen protection from scratches. Best of both worlds. Not perfect, but should work. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

MackBionic
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 32

Just wondering, if it's an issue with a senstive proximity sensor or screen protector, then why doesn't the power button turn the screen back on.  Still seems like a bug introduced with Jelly Bean. Funny enough the issue doesn happen when using the bluetooth system in my vehicle.  Removing the screen protector completely did not fix the issue.

johnshrl
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 32

In the owners manual, it states that when you hold the phone close to your ear, the display goes dark to prevent accidental touches. When you move the  smartphone away from your ear, the display lights up again.

MackBionic
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 32

johnshrl said:

In the owners manual, it states that when you hold the phone close to your ear, the display goes dark to prevent accidental touches. When you move the  smartphone away from your ear, the display lights up again.

View original

That's what it did before Jellybean. Now it just stays dark. I can hold it up under a bright light or hit the power button all day, and the screen will not come back on until the call ejnds.  The phone is useless now for checking voicemail or any calls requiring you to press a key now. 

jrowe
Punch Card
Message 29 of 32

I can attest to this as well.  It's not every time, but there's been several times where I went to leave someone a voicemail and when I was done the screen would not turn on for me to hang up and I ended up needing to do a battery pull.  And more often then not during other calls, I need to wait for the other party to hang up before the screen will turn on.  

When I'm dialing into an automated system or somewhere I know I'll have to use a keypad menu before I talk to a human anymore I *always* use speakerphone just so I know I'll have keypad functionality.

Premdeepak
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 32

Go to menu >>setting's >>apps>>all

Tap on the top 3 doted line's and  tap on the "Reset app preference "

After that Power off the device for  2 minute's and check it once .