Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID BIONIC™ by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

10-10-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 191 of 277

Re: How do you like the 5.9.902 update? Is your Bionic improved?

2012-02-22, 22:29 PM

Hi Matt, happy so far for what I am doing with my phone. 4G is much more consistant now than ever. Some of my best 4G areas are putting out amazing speeds. Reliability of the phone seems to have improved. No BSOD for some time. Before it happened two times when I used the phone alarm to wake me up. I never got the alarms and then when I checked the phone I was unable to turn it on.

So for My Bionic, things are good right now.

Options

6 Posts

01-22-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 192 of 277

2012-02-22, 22:30 PM

I got the 5.9.902.xt875 update several weeks back and I must say I liked it better before the update.  Phone acts kind of stupid at times ,  hard to wake up when you put it to sleep,  still looses data connection and no difference in the speed.   Just thought I,d add my 2 1/2 cents.

Options

13 Posts

01-28-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 193 of 277

2012-02-23, 14:07 PM
 i agree i had the phone for a hort period if time before the update and now after the update its quirky and the last 24hrs there is no 4g. Cmon Motorola.
Options

746 Posts

02-04-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 194 of 277

2012-02-23, 17:08 PM

Nearest 4G territory is 10-15 miles away. My original problem would manifest itself as no 3G indicator when I would wake the phone up with the power button. This been occurring more frequently since the update. Also at times I have no data connectivity even when the 3G indicator is present. This never occurred for me before the update. Running the Restart Connection app usually clears it up in about 30 seconds but it's still annoying.

Options

100 Posts

11-01-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 195 of 277

2012-02-23, 17:10 PM
 I have had the update for a while now and though I was very reluctant and a afraid it would turn into a fiasco, the unit is much, much better. I love it's response, my connection to my sync and everything except, every once in a blue moon, when I restart it, it is set to sound on. I always keep it on silent so I am not sure what is the cause, but I can live with that. I just was the bud of ldrrroooiiiiddd"jokes at work and it happened. Also, someone mentioned when on wifi, they do not see the 4g signal. I still see out, but it is white. I don't know what that means or if it should not be showing it, but besides that, no and I mean no problems at ask. Love it!
Options

291 Posts

11-10-2009

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 196 of 277

2012-02-23, 21:43 PM

I put it to the test on Monday 20th. Traveling on the Long Island Railroad on the Montauk Line East to New York City and Back. I went from my 3g Zone on Long Island into NYC. The move from 3g to 4 g was fast and a non issue...

In and out of the Subways on New York I would pop from No phone Signal at all to 3g and then to 4g, and sometime back to 3g and sometimes strait to 4g.

Only twice that day did I realy notice that the phone was stuck with No-G at all while standing in the Sun Shine.  I used a wiget to cycle my wifi on then off, and they 4g pop right up.  The Wiget is a faster way to try a fix than trying airplane mode, and it worked. 

I am pleased that the phone with the 5.09 upgrade, for the most part, is behaving itself and required no reboots.

Rick+

Options

347 Posts

05-27-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 197 of 277

2012-02-24, 3:41 AM
 Well, been a couple of weeks now, and I have resigned myself that this is as good as it gets. With 902, connectivity is consistent, but not what I would call good. Usually once a day my data connection just stops. It doesn't last long, only long enough to frustrate me. 4g appears to usually work best, except for that stop time. WIFI causes me the biggest headache, to the point it just turn it off. Overall, I'd say its just OK. But, I never had problems prior hence the frustration. For me, this was a downgrade.

My battery now has a life of its own. I now rarely get 12 hours of charge. I figure the issue could be an app, but I have fdr'd and the problem still exists. If I'm out of the house all day, I end up taking another phone with me.

All in all, I'm looking for my next phone. My Verizon/Droid experiment a handy failure. Lesson learned. Enough cool TV commercials for me. Next time I'm buying the phone that has the lady in the nightgown. Really?
Options

281 Posts

12-27-2011

United States

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 198 of 277

2012-02-24, 3:55 AM
 I dont know so much if itz the phone as the network. I have had a Rez and I have a Bio and a Gnex The Rez and the Bio whers neck and neck for data the Gnex comes in last I am in a solid 4g area. Point being they all drop data which telks me it is the LTE network You are correct in saying its as good as it is gonna get. Idrift got a cheap Pantec Breakout he says it never misses a beat so how do you figure
Options

347 Posts

05-27-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 199 of 277

2012-02-24, 4:32 AM
But away from home...they are all equally good or bad...depending  I have lines with Verizon, att and tmo. As said many times before by others, it all depends on how it works for you. In my house, Verizon works best. Tmo and att tie for last. Away from home they are all equally good or bad, ...depending.

The bionic brought me to Verizon. Well, no that's not true. The Xoom did. For me the Xoom worked well, so when the bionic launched I said what the heck. I can at times carry a tmo, Verizon and at&t phone around. Between the 3, there is little difference for me. Right now, side by side, I have the lumia 710 windows phone along side the bionic. I have 4 bars 4g and full wifi on the 710. The bionic is fluctuating between 4g and 3g, and the wifi is not sure it wants to play. The 710 is too cheap and too small, but runs nice. The bionic is the right size for me, and I thinks its purdy, but has taken to running on its own schedule. ICS is probably too far away to help, if it can help. I'll probably bite the bullet, pay the termination fee, and move on. Eye balling the lumia 900 series right now.
Options

963 Posts

10-23-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 200 of 277

2012-02-24, 4:55 AM

alodar01 said:

But away from home...they are all equally good or bad...depending  I have lines with Verizon, att and tmo. As said many times before by others, it all depends on how it works for you. In my house, Verizon works best. Tmo and att tie for last. Away from home they are all equally good or bad, ...depending. The bionic brought me to Verizon. Well, no that's not true. The Xoom did. For me the Xoom worked well, so when the bionic launched I said what the heck. I can at times carry a tmo, Verizon and at&t phone around. Between the 3, there is little difference for me. Right now, side by side, I have the lumia 710 windows phone along side the bionic. I have 4 bars 4g and full wifi on the 710. The bionic is fluctuating between 4g and 3g, and the wifi is not sure it wants to play. The 710 is too cheap and too small, but runs nice. The bionic is the right size for me, and I thinks its purdy, but has taken to running on its own schedule. ICS is probably too far away to help, if it can help. I'll probably bite the bullet, pay the termination fee, and move on. Eye balling the lumia 900 series right now.

The Lumia 900 series looks nice but it's not for me. It is Windows phone (yuck), it is on AT&T (not good service in my area yet), the battery is non replaceable and it looks rather uncomfortable to hold with those sharp corners. I certainly am not a fan of Windows phone and it would be nice if Nokia made an Android phone.

Right now I am pretty happy with the way my Bionic is performing and I will stick to the REZ and Bionic until a nicer android phone comes out with a 4.5" to 5" HD screen. .902 works okay for me for the most part.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms