Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Droid PhonesDROID BIONIC™ by Motorola
All Forum Topics
Options

101 Posts

09-10-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 41 of 96

Re: Your opinion of ICS, use other thread for problems

2012-10-25, 4:01 AM

Seems to work very well so far. My apps work fine. The stock camera seems less pokey than before. Had some issues making a call but I think that was more me than the phone; since I maybe make 4 or 5 voice calls a week.  I wish there was a toogle for LTE on the same screen as the airplane mode and wi-fi. Not a biggie though but it does seem kind of odd to have to go to screens deeper to get the data enabled box.

Swapping screens does seem smoother.  Making folders is nice. I don't recall that dragging apps on top of each other would put them in a folder. maybe I just missed it. The stock moto gallery seems to work more smoothly.Even my live wallpaper seems more mmm animated. ;-)

Options

15 Posts

02-07-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 42 of 96

2012-10-25, 14:14 PM
I have been running ICS for six days and and I am still loven it.
Options

4 Posts

10-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 43 of 96

2012-10-25, 14:47 PM

I have been running ICS since Friday morning, and love it. There are a LOT of improvements, from MAJOR (like no more data drops) to minor. Nice improvements in the camera as well.

Some minor niggles that I have:

1) When the phone rings, the caller text is tiny, most of the screen is taken up with a big space for a photo. Since I don't have photos for most of my contacts, I'd rather see a large font display of the caller's name.

2) I have a lapdock, and I have to say I preferred the pre-update behavior over the current version. It's a lot harder to interact with the phone and apps in the new version.

Options

3 Posts

10-22-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 44 of 96

2012-10-25, 17:25 PM

I got the update on Friday, and I have not had a data drop since. After waiting for 13 months, I now have a $299 phone that I can take out of my pocket and expect to work. I could just cry. Thankyou, Motorola. 

Options

270 Posts

11-17-2009

United States of America

21 Signins

320 Page Views

• Views: 320
  • Message 45 of 96

2012-10-25, 18:03 PM

OK, a day later, I can say that the phone is more responsive and stabler.  Data seems more reliable, no skipping between white and blue.  I did get the 1200Mz pop with no special action on my part.

I agree with the several comments about the bedside dock.  It's pretty much useless.  The Bionic's old bedside dock was inferior to the one that I had with the OG Droid, but it was far superior to this one.  The spindly little font they're using this time around would be illegible even if the contrast were good, and it's not.  The absolute best bedside dock screen I've seen was the one that came with the CM7 I briefly had on the old OG Droid just before I retired that phone.

I also agree that the initial dock screen before it fades is far superior to the faded one, even though the font is still too wimpy.

Oh, and I did get Flash on here again.  Frankly, I'm looking forward to Flash going away forever, but until it vanishes from the Net, I'd like to keep it on my devices.  I used the information in this thread to get it on my Nexus 7 as well -- thanks! :)

Options

3 Posts

01-20-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 46 of 96

2012-10-25, 18:12 PM

This feels like a new phone!  Everything on my Bionic has run much smoother.  I have not had any data issues since the update, which is a great thing.  Also, the smart actions is a great new feature.  I'm already making good use of that.  Overall I'm happy with my new phone!

Options

2012-10-25, 19:14 PM

I love it. ICS was made for Bionic.

Motorola DROID BIONIC

ICS 4.0.4

1.2GHz OMAP-4430 Dual Core

1gig-DDR2 RAM Stock Kernel

Nova Launcher

Quadrant Standard Score 3140

AnTuTu Benchmark 6423

Options

50 Posts

10-22-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 48 of 96

2012-10-25, 19:42 PM
So far I am yet to find a single flaw. One of the most polished programs I have used! I did do a fdr and cleared the cache just in case and actually my bionic has always been great. Hardly ever even had data drops on gb. But just wanted to say great job on ics, makes it better in every way!
Options

43 Posts

10-04-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 49 of 96

2012-10-26, 5:09 AM

Well, since this is just the 'opinion' thread and not the "what's wrong' thread - it's been a couple of days since it kicked to my phone ...

I don't like it. I don't like all the additional click throughs to get anywhere. I don't like the GUI. I don't like the answer to a lot of things is "there's an app for that" because if I wanted an app to access a thousand things for my phone - I would've gotten an iPhone right? ;o) ... And I don't like a lot of unecessary installs on my phone and I never *had* to have them prior to this. I seem to have lost some of the settings I was able to access before or just haven't been able to find them yet ...

Performance wise as far as rolling around the phone seems fine. No data drops / call drops, but I didn't have them before. Battery performance is above mediocre. I have an extended battery and I was able to get about 2-3 days out of my battery prior to the update - after that first day it pushed out, I'm getting *about* a day before I have to plug in.

I don't mind new software at all - I do a lot of beta testing ... but this - this I have not been happy with. Every time I have to pick up my phone to actually use it for something I want to throw it out the window. And it's a shame, too because I absolutely *loved* it prior to the ICS rollout ... I am hopeful, though that things iron out ...

Options

963 Posts

10-23-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 50 of 96

2012-10-26, 5:25 AM

I can't listen to music on my lapdocks anymore since the volume goes from 0 to maximum with no in-between. I do not like the webtop 3.0. It seems like it is just a bigger screen for the phone.

As for the rest of the ICS update, It is great so far. It is like having a new phone. It's better, stronger and faster than it was before!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms